• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CardiacCats 7-round Panthers Mock v.3.0

CardiacCats

Version 1- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/72895-cardiaccats-panthers-7-round-mock-edition-1-a.html

Version 2- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75255-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-2-0-a.html

I'm back again after the NCG and here is my third seven round Panthers mock, no trades included. Enjoy.

four-defensive-backs-in-this-game-could-eventually-get-drafted-in-the-first-round-lsus-morris-claiborne-and-alabamas-dre-kirkpatrick-and-mark-barron-this-year-and-lsus-tyrann-mathieu-in-2013.jpg

1st Round-Dre Kirkpatrick-CB-Alabama

If I was making this pick, this isn't who I would take. I LOVE David DeCastro, the Stanford offensive lineman, even though our offensive line is pretty good, DeCastro seems like a "sure thing". But this is a mock draft and I'm predicting what I THINK the Panthers will do, and if the draft were happening tonight one can only think Dre Kirkpatrick would be the pick. We need help in the secondary at #2 corner and FS, Kirkpatrick could potentially do both. I would love to see him as a corner, his 6'3" size would be great. Kirkpatrick didn't really impress me in the NCG, he seems great at stopping the run but really "meh" in pass coverage. I wouldn't be upset at all with this pick, my list would be something like (DeCastro, Kirkpatrick, Still) but I would just prefer DeCastro.

27-Oct-10_102166417JD101_Michigan_Sta_crop_450x500.jpg?1288209723

2nd Round-Jerel Worthy-DT-Michigan State

"I don't want another developmental DT." "Dude we're not gonna take another DT in the second or third round." Blah, blah, blah keep saying all that poo. There are some nice prospects projected to go in the late first, to early second round.... Worthy is one of them. The Saints game just showed again how terrible we are at defensive tackle. Worthy is a good ol' space eater with his 6'3" 310 size, he consistently fought double teams at MSU and has a lot of success doing it. He also is great at blocking kicks, a presence we need. Worthy had 30 tackles, and 3.5 sacks as a senior. This would be a good situation for him, with Ron Edwards being back next year he can learn from him and play as a rotational guy his first few years in the league, then step in as our main man in the middle in his third season or so in the league. if he falls to us in the second round, I hope we take him.

Nigel-Bradham.jpg

4th Round-Nigel Bradham-OLB-Florida State

Defense, again here. I hope Davis gets one more year because he is a great player when he is healthy, but we need to start targeting guys around here to be his replacement if he gets hurt again. Bradham's draft status would probably be a bit higher, but he's often labeled a "dirty player". I think Rivera would lay down the law though, Bradham finished his senior season with 97 total tackles, he is also very good in pass coverage. At 6'3" 240, he also boasts great size, he would be a solid selection here.

huskies-10-28.jpg

5th Round-Trever Olson-OL-Northern Illinois

I would like to snag a guy that scouts are saying could play guard or tackle around here. We're still pretty weak at RG and RT, as Otah is a lazy bum that can not stay healthy. Byron Bell played decent and showed flashes while Otah was out, but he also got penalized a lot and beat off the edge, I don't know how Olson would fit in here but it's nice to add a versatile guy to your offensive line.

c4s_usfaction122008_50239c.jpeg

6th Round-Jerrell Young-FS-South Florida

Sherrod Martin is terrible, we have established this. I was cautious on mocking a free safety here, as Kirkpatrick would be molded into that. But I have to think CB is what he'll try first, so in the late rounds taking a guy like this could be worth a shot, even if he only plays special teams his first year or two. Young had 51 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 PDEF, and 2 INT as a senior. He's pretty raw but could be developed.

L6ZJ_50_Shawn_Powell_ck_9_3_11_Obley_5043.jpg

7th Round-Shaun Powell-Punter-FSU

Jason Baker and Olindo Mare were both terrible this year so I expect us to use our last pick on either a punter or kicker, since we still want to see what Adi Kunalic is made of, I think there is a better chance of a new punter. Powell is the best punter in FSU history and led the nation with 47 yards per punt this year.

Not bad. Once again I wouldn't take a punter, and to assume Worthy will be there when we pick in the second is a coin toss (some feel he is the best DT on the board.)

I too love Decastro at this point. Brockers could challenge for my personal preference on who we could take there, and Kirkpatrick is a decent pick.

Not bad. Once again I wouldn't take a punter, and to assume Worthy will be there when we pick in the second is a coin toss (some feel he is the best DT on the board.)

I too love Decastro at this point. Brockers could challenge for my personal preference on who we could take there, and Kirkpatrick is a decent pick.

I'm putting my money on one of Worthy, Fletcher Cox, or Alameda Ta'amu being available in the second round when we pick. I think Worthy is the fourth best DT in this draft behind Still, Thompson and Ta'amu. I would be fine with Fletcher Cox too.

seriously even if decastro's good you can pick up a rock and find a good starting guard under it in this league

it's not really a position you should spend a first round pick on, much less a top 10 pick.

yeah, i'm almost embarrassed to see us mocked with decastro there.

Archived