• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yet another hypothetical scenario...

Zcustom

Say you've been at your job for 12 years. The first 2 you were an hourly employee, but then you get promoted to manager (also #2 in command).

In your 10 years as manager you are excellent at meeting your customers needs and the company experiences unprecedented growth. This company was hemmoriging money for the 9 previous years your boss has been there before you arrived.

Then your boss gets promoted to the corporate office in another city, leaving his old job vacant. You want his old job.

What would you do if you found out that your boss told the board of directors that you can't do his job and that he won't endorse you as his replacement?

Say you've been at your job for 12 years. The first 2 you were an hourly employee, but then you get promoted to manager (also #2 in command).

In your 10 years as manager you are excellent at meeting your customers needs and the company experiences unprecedented growth. This company was hemmoriging money for the 9 previous years your boss has been there before you arrived.

Then your boss gets promoted to the corporate office in another city, leaving his old job vacant. You want his old job.

What would you do if you found out that your boss told the board of directors that you can't do his job and that he won't endorse you as his replacement?

Do Better.

:D

Depends entirely upon whether or not you are qualified for the job. Not trying to be a smartass but what you wrote did not give us any indication of whether or not you're qualified for the position. I assume you feel like youa re qualified, so I'd tell your boss that you're interested in being considered for his position, and if necessary, ask your boss why he thinks you aren't qualified for his job.

seriously Z...you got to start looking elsewhere unless you are happy at the level you are. I was 10 years but in an almost exact situation as you mention. I was too damn young to just sit there and semi retire so I quit. Grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I'm much happier, I'm learning more and expanding my knowledge and abilities.

seriously Z...you got to start looking elsewhere unless you are happy at the level you are. I was 10 years but in an almost exact situation as you mention. I was too damn young to just sit there and semi retire so I quit. Grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I'm much happier, I'm learning more and expanding my knowledge and abilities.

You should be proud Hawk, there's not many of us that could go as far in Moose husbandry as you have.

Archived