• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all the talk about Cam "moping"

TheRealDeal

CatMan was the first one to derail the thread I believe. I just want to create discussion about our football team and our young star, I know it's hard in the offseason.

It would be very interesting, but considering that Cam one took me about 4 days to find time to do it and I'm in the middle of closing out my fiscal quarter and getting forecasts done for my fiscal year and the next 3 fiscal years, time is scarce.

I'd love to do it as well. My preliminary one of MM shows he has a decline as well, but only about 20 QB rating points instead of 30 and his TD/Int ratio after picks is 1:1 while Cam's is 1:2 and I would hardly call MM seasoned or the benchmark we want to compare the franchise to.

I knew this was coming... LOL

So we're comparing a 5th year vet to a rookie?

I'd bet MM's numbers are much better then Manning's numbers were in his rookie season as well.

It's hard to judge what all those stats mean without a baseline from say a seasoned NFL quarterback.

Could you put up Matt Moore's game stats using the same analysis please?

Not suggesting Moore mopes of course.

I knew this was coming... LOL

So we're comparing a 5th year vet to a rookie?

I'd bet MM's numbers are much better then Manning's numbers were in his rookie season as well.

Someone asked him to do one of Moore

It is amazing how a QB that can actually throw the ball effects thing like YAC yardage.

Last year Steve Smith had only 221 Yards After the Catch and this year he had 474 YAC. Did he just become a better receiver or did he actually have a QB that could throw the ball to him in stride??

Fact is when you have to adjust to the majority of the balls thrown you aren't going to have a lot of YAC.

Could be simply because he got the ball more.

ZA few things to remember...

1) Despite his claims, the OP is NOT a Panther fan. At no point during the season did he celebrate our wins or progression as a franchise. He did revel in our losses and posted more frequently those weeks. The OP triumphed and posted more about Broncos, Bengals, Dolphins wins.

2) OP is racially biased towards white QBs. He refuses to microanalyze them and hold them accountable the way he has black QBs. Hes not equipped to give a non biased view of their performance.

3) OP is a liar and has 0 integrity (ex: being a Panther fan when his only purpose here is to undermine a black QB)

Seriously, nothing at all in this thread has to do with Cam's skin color, drop it.

It is amazing how a QB that can actually throw the ball effects thing like YAC yardage.

Last year Steve Smith had only 221 Yards After the Catch and this year he had 474 YAC. Did he just become a better receiver or did he actually have a QB that could throw the ball to him in stride??

Fact is when you have to adjust to the majority of the balls thrown you aren't going to have a lot of YAC.

Smitty had 46 receptions last year, compared to 79 this year. While no doubt Cam made a huge difference in his production, I think it's a bit silly to compare the 221 to 474 alone and give credit for that number to the QB... have to give some perspective. Smitty was very unhappy in the offense as a whole last year, and it was as much the scheme we were running as anything.

Fox trot also missed the whole quality issue mistaking them for quantity stats. In other words he said Newton's stats were better because he appeared in more games when it is clear to see that the number of games is really irrelevent. By comparing production as a function of opportunity or touches, you level the playing field regardless of how many games a quarterback started. Given that The Golden Calf of Bristol's last three regular season games were his worse, there is no reason to believe he would have gotten better. His performance against Pittsburgh said more about their injuries and issues then it did about The Golden Calf of Bristol. Even if he plays well against New England it will be against the worse defense in the NFL. And if he struggles, it just reinforces the idea that he is very erratic and inconsistent.

Even if he plays well against New England it will be against the worse defense in the NFL. And if he struggles, it just reinforces the idea that he is very erratic and inconsistent.

Way to set your defense up before it happens :lol:

So no matter what The Golden Calf of Bristol does, you can fallback and still say he sucks.

Dude could throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs and win by 30 and you would say it doesn't matter, he's still trash.

I bet you feel good about that post, don't you?

Way to set your defense up before it happens :lol:

So no matter what The Golden Calf of Bristol does, you can fallback and still say he sucks.

Dude could throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs and win by 30 and you would say it doesn't matter, he's still trash.

I bet you feel good about that post, don't you?

That is the way you post not me. I have no reason to say The Golden Calf of Bristol's sucks because I don't feel that way. Do what you ask other people to do, read what I said before posting. I used the words inconsistent and erratic. That is far from sucking. The point of playing in the playoffs is winning not playing great so honestly it doesn't matter how well he plays as long as they win. Look at Roethlisburger in 2005, Pittsburgh won but he played poorly. In the end he got a ring either way.

That is one difference between you and I on this messageboard. I don't have preconceived ideas upon which I craft my posts to further my agenda. I look at what happens and then make my conclusions.

There are tons of erratic and inconsistent QBs who people consider good then, right?

The difference between you and me is this, you type PFFL-long paragraphs and don't say poo.

I type one sentence paragraphs and get my point across.

Once again personal attacks when you want credibility. Typical troll behavior.

There are quarterbacks who I consider good who were erratic and inconsistent. One of my favorites Panthers, Delhomme, was erratic and inconsistent. He was streaky but great in the clutch. The Golden Calf of Bristol is shaping up to be like him. Like I said I have no problem with The Golden Calf of Bristol and don't have an agenda like you or others. Frankly I will be rooting for him.

Answer me this, in one sentence, why would you preface his game with a qualifier that it's against NE and "Even if....it will be against the worst defense in the league"....?

"Even if" means you are expecting him to fail but if by some miracle he did happen to not look retarded, it doesn't count because it's against the Pats.

One sentence, go.

Answer me this, in one sentence, why would you preface his game with a qualifier that it's against NE and "Even if....it will be against the worst defense in the league"....?

"Even if" means you are expecting him to fail but if by some miracle he did happen to not look retarded, it doesn't count because it's against the Pats.

One sentence, go.

I can do it in one word- Context.

Archived