• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all the talk about Cam "moping"

TheRealDeal

That's your conclusion to the data, so be it

Week 4, 5, and 11 disagree with your "default" claim.

In what way do they disagree, and what are you refering to by my "default" claim? The fact that the before stats will look better because they by definition cannot include interceptions?

Week 4 and 11 basically doesn't have any "before" stats (a scenario I mentioned earlier), and week 5 had one drive that ended in a FG.

In what way do they disagree, and what are you refering to by my "default" claim? The fact that the before stats will look better because they by definition cannot include interceptions?

Week 4 and 11 basically doesn't have any "before" stats (a scenario I mentioned earlier), and week 5 had one drive that ended in a FG.

Why exactly would the before stats look better than the after stats if the interception that defines before and after isn't included in either stat within a game? That doesn't make sense. If the interception makes no difference at all, then the before and after stats should be statistically similar.

However, you do have a point that games where no interceptions were thrown should be discarded or at least displayed separately as they do not really tell us if there is a decrease after an interception. That still leaves 9 games to analyze in some way.

Taking out games he didn't throw a pick...

Before:

65/104 62.5% 894 yards 8.6 ypa 6 TD 9 sacks 109 rating

After:

130/224 58% 1721 yards 7.7ypa 4 TD 8 Int 11 sacks 74 rating

Before: 1 TD every 17 attempts

After: 1 TD every 56 attempts

Comp % dropped 4.5%, ypa dropped .9ypa, even sacks increased

Poke your holes there...

Go

True, but only after they had demonstrated their inability to comprehend the most basic of information, like Teeray, Footballisasport, NCmonster and whatever other Auburn fan came rolling along. Eventually Teeray read some books on football, read the Panthers wikipedia page, read up on efficiency, and we had some great conversations, the others, it's hard not to enjoy their intelligence if you know what I mean.

It's not a coincidence you don't see many of the great posters this site used to have.

You don't mean the argument you made about The Golden Calf of Bristol's great TD/INT ratio right before the game where he threw 4 picks and no TD's, do you? :lol:

Funny what happens to ratios as the sample size increases...

Taking out games he didn't throw a pick...

Before:

65/104 62.5% 894 yards 8.6 ypa 6 TD 9 sacks 109 rating

After:

130/224 58% 1721 yards 7.7ypa 4 TD 8 Int 11 sacks 74 rating

Before: 1 TD every 17 attempts

After: 1 TD every 56 attempts

Comp % dropped 4.5%, ypa dropped .9ypa, even sacks increased

Poke your holes there...

Go

I think it was evident that he struggled more when he threw a pick then when he didn't so I am not sure what the big debate is about.

As for your statistics you have to look at a few factors. First off he rarely threw a pick in the first quarter. Yes he threw some but not many. The first quarter is usually scripted and from what I could tell we were usually pretty successful as other teams couldn't make adjustments until they saw us a little bit. So some of the difference could be unrelated to a pick but how well teams adjusted to us after the first couple of drives when we were no longer scripting plays, as much as due to the result of a pick. Maybe after we finished the scripted plays Chud wasn't as great on his feet or perhaps other reasons.

Look at his numbers in general. In the first half his passer rating was 95.6 and in the second half it was 73.5 regardless of throwing a pick or not.

By attempts it went down he more he threw :

Attempts 1-10- 102.1

Attempts 11-20- 84.9

Attempts 21-30- 74.4

Attempts 31+ 65.8

His TD/Int ration was 11/4 in the first 10 attempts and 5/5 the second 10, 3/4 the next 10 and 2/4 after that.

Also it seemed like out of the chute we were effective against most everybody. As the game wore on we seemed to bog down in the second half of most games regardless. I don't want to say picks had no effect because I clearly think they did, but I think it was a factor not necessarily the main one or only one.

You don't mean the argument you made about The Golden Calf of Bristol's great TD/INT ratio right before the game where he threw 4 picks and no TD's, do you? :lol:

Funny what happens to ratios as the sample size increases...

Oh that damn The Golden Calf of Bristol and that one game...

He sure is embarrassed thinking about that one game while he tries to lead his team to the AFC champ game.

:rolleyes:

He sure is embarrassed thinking about that one game while he tries to lead his team to the AFC champ game.

The Golden Calf of Bristol should be embarrassed by several of his games. Broncos won despite poor QB play several times.....

Whatever you want to tell yourself to make you feel better that The Golden Calf of Bristol and John Fox have a playoff win and The Golden Calf of Bristol dominated the #1 pass defense in the league, be my guest.

You cannot underestimate the impact a player like The Golden Calf of Bristol has on a team.

Statistics aren't everything.

oh lawd here we go again, just when you when think that ego is gone.......:)

You act like I started it....some donk came along quoting something that had nothing to do with his response and tried to look cool...

The Golden Calf of Bristol is a better person than me, he would never respond to critics. He's above them. He knows his game, his teammates know it and that is why they are still playing.

Even after the game when he was asked how good it felt to have a passing day like that against that good of a pass defense and all he cared about was his teammates. He didn't go so low as to acknowledge haters exist.

One day I hope to be on that level, but for now, Cam and I will just have to tune in on Saturday night to watch what The Golden Calf of Bristol does next.

Whatever you want to tell yourself to make you feel better that The Golden Calf of Bristol and John Fox have a playoff win and The Golden Calf of Bristol dominated the #1 pass defense in the league, be my guest.

You cannot underestimate the impact a player like The Golden Calf of Bristol has on a team.

Statistics aren't everything.

last time I checked the Broncos were in the playoffs. They have done it much of the same way Fox did in 2003 if you really think about it.

Pretty sure before that game against a beatup Steeler team HIS TEAMMATES spoke out against The Golden Calf of Bristol and how hard it was to win w/ him. So that angle of he inspires greatness has been proven a myth.

Bottom line is Fox/Denver deserve props for getting into the playoffs. They have won several games with down right horrific QB play.

The Golden Calf of Bristol's name is spoken much to often when it comes to the words Broncos and wins.

yeah but that defense was hurt and ben was hurt, and still came back to make it a close game. harrison is scared to play real football because of fines.

The Golden Calf of Bristol made good throws to wide open guys. thomas and the defense won the game. The Golden Calf of Bristol is overhyped as always. he did show improvment though, but is scared to throw into tight windows............like real skilled qbs do.

Archived