• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all the talk about Cam "moping"

TheRealDeal

Guest trollface.jpg

Of course he didn't throw any interceptions before his first one... so that affects the rating a bit but other than that I do think there is a correlation

Please note I put moping in quotes because I'd rather not comment on if I think he is moping, competitive, etc because it's all just a guess but it has been addressed here before so I wanted to do a comparison of numbers to see if it effects his play.

This is interesting, but I'll be more interested to see how this breaks down in year 3.

Agreed.

I also wanted to do one of say like his next drive, his next 3, etc to see if it's more of an immediate impact or something that lingers all game but my damn job is taking up too much time.

Of course he didn't throw any interceptions before his first one... so that affects the rating a bit but other than that I do think there is a correlation

Correct, but please note I didn't include his first pick in either category, they are by themselves so they shouldn't really effect the "after" either.

You see, there is a category that is 0/9 and those are the first picks of each game but I can see how you are confused.

He had some games where he threw picks and played well after, others where he played terrible after. On the whole, it looks like he got a little more conservative after throwing his first pick of a game with his ypa dropping .5 yards, his comp percentage dropping 5% and his TD to Int ratio becoming negative.

Like I said, some games he battled back, other games he didn't throw any, and some he struggled after. To what the cause is, we'll never know, but it's something to keep an eye on.

That isn't too uncommon especially with young QBs. Once you throw that first pick and the coach chews you out and you feel like you let your teammates down it gets a little harder to pull that trigger into a tight window.

Once he establishes himself and gets truly comfortable with his reads I think you will see that subside at least a little bit.

That isn't too uncommon especially with young QBs. Once you throw that first pick and the coach chews you out and you feel like you let your teammates down it gets a little harder to pull that trigger into a tight window.

Once he establishes himself and gets truly comfortable with his reads I think you will see that subside at least a little bit.

This in contrast to Elway telling The Golden Calf of Bristol, through the media, to "pull the trigger". Obviously a cue that he took note of in his playoff game. I'm really pleased with Cam's development this year, and even more pleased with his fearlessness in the pocket. He blew me away with the poise he showed this year. Cut out the mistakes (which he did in the last quarter of the season) and we are rolling forward with momentum.

LOL...You're funny.

Anyway, all QBs handle their struggles in different ways. Andy Dalton threw his helmet and rolled his eyes in disgust after throwing his third pick 6..I didn't see anyone make much out of it.

TRD has more knowledge of the Panthers, and football in general, than you have ever displayed. You know nothing of the Panthers other than Cam Newton. You are just a fan of a player, not this team.

I think I can speak for quite a few posters here, you are nothing but annoying! Anytime someone wants to talk about, discuss or critique something Newton does you bring up other quarterbacks and why we aren't talking about them and their behavior. Have you not seen all of the The Golden Calf of Bristol threads giving him Hell? I mean, we even have a whole forum dedicated to Luck and Dalton!

Let me let you in on a little secret, this is a Panthers forum, we talk mostly about the Panthers! If you don't like what we discuss, why do you even bother visiting this forum?

:rant: :leaving:

Archived