• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all the talk about Cam "moping"

TheRealDeal

thought I'd check out some numbers to see if there was anything to it.

I decided comparing Cam's numbers from the start of the game until he threw his first interception, thinking that was some adversity he'd have to overcome, and compare those to the numbers for after that interception.

Here goes:

Before:

180/284 63.4% 2,330 yards 8.2 ypa 17 TDs 0 Int 24 sacks 109.04 rating

Picks:

0/9

After:

130/224 58.0% 1,721 yards 7.7 ypa 4 TDs 8 Int 11 sacks 73.53 rating.

Some interesting weeks:

Week 2:

Before:

11/16 68.8% 157 yards 9.8 ypa 1 TD 0 Int 1 sack 121.09 rating

After 1st pick:

17/29 58.6% 275 yards 9.5ypa 0 TD 2 Int 3 sack 61.71

Week 4:

Before: 2/5 40% 29 yards 5.8 ypa 59.58 rating

After first Int:

25/40 62.5% 345 yards 8.6 ypa 1 TD 0 Int 0 Sack 98.44 rating

He threw early picks in week 4, 5, 11, 17 and bounced back strong in 2 of those 4.

He had some games where he threw picks and played well after, others where he played terrible after. On the whole, it looks like he got a little more conservative after throwing his first pick of a game with his ypa dropping .5 yards, his comp percentage dropping 5% and his TD to Int ratio becoming negative.

Like I said, some games he battled back, other games he didn't throw any, and some he struggled after. To what the cause is, we'll never know, but it's something to keep an eye on.

TRD has a decent post every couple weeks, but people prefer to ignore them or derail them since they dislike him.

As to the "moping," I think what often happens is that later in games Cam will try to force things, it won't happen, and it'll frustrate him. Cam knows our defense is so bad that if he doesn't score on basically every possession we're going to lose the game. The problem is that this mentality sometimes causes the offense to sputter in and of itself, I think. It's the kind of thing I think will get better with time.

thought I'd check out some numbers to see if there was anything to it.

I decided comparing Cam's numbers from the start of the game until he threw his first interception, thinking that was some adversity he'd have to overcome, and compare those to the numbers for after that interception.

Here goes:

Before:

180/284 63.4% 2,330 yards 8.2 ypa 17 TDs 0 Int 24 sacks 109.04 rating

Picks:

0/9

After:

130/224 58.0% 1,721 yards 7.7 ypa 4 TDs 8 Int 11 sacks 73.53 rating.

Some interesting weeks:

Week 2:

Before:

11/16 68.8% 157 yards 9.8 ypa 1 TD 0 Int 1 sack 121.09 rating

After 1st pick:

17/29 58.6% 275 yards 9.5ypa 0 TD 2 Int 3 sack 61.71

Week 4:

Before: 2/5 40% 29 yards 5.8 ypa 59.58 rating

After first Int:

25/40 62.5% 345 yards 8.6 ypa 1 TD 0 Int 0 Sack 98.44 rating

He threw early picks in week 4, 5, 11, 17 and bounced back strong in 2 of those 4.

He had some games where he threw picks and played well after, others where he played terrible after. On the whole, it looks like he got a little more conservative after throwing his first pick of a game with his ypa dropping .5 yards, his comp percentage dropping 5% and his TD to Int ratio becoming negative.

Like I said, some games he battled back, other games he didn't throw any, and some he struggled after. To what the cause is, we'll never know, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Good stats and I notice through out the season when Cam threw picks he really got down on his self. It probably helped lead him to become more conservative after the picks. It happens, that's what young QB's do.It's Something good to watch from him next year when times get rough with turnovers and all the above. How he acts to it.

Do you expect him to be smiling after he throws a pick?

I think what it is, is that after he throws a pick or fumbles whatever, he feel needs to single handily put the team on his back by forcing throws he should be making and not getting rid of the ball while waiting for someone to get open.

As a great as he is this is his first year and you cant expect him to be as calm in the pocket as Brady while the game is on his shoulders.

TRD has a decent post every couple weeks, but people prefer to ignore them or derail them since they dislike him.

As to the "moping," I think what often happens is that later in games Cam will try to force things, it won't happen, and it'll frustrate him. Cam knows our defense is so bad that if he doesn't score on basically every possession we're going to lose the game. The problem is that this mentality sometimes causes the offense to sputter in and of itself, I think. It's the kind of thing I think will get better with time.

LOL...You're funny.

Anyway, all QBs handle their struggles in different ways. Andy Dalton threw his helmet and rolled his eyes in disgust after throwing his third pick 6..I didn't see anyone make much out of it.

Cam was drinking diet dr pepper at the suns game he must be depressed or something im worried.

Rumor successfully started MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it really supports that is a rookie and has to grow up a bit

Plus you have to know as much as he doesn't try to show it, he is feeling the pressure of being the franchise.

In any game where Cam struggled a bit, the team also struggled, so many times what people said was Cam moping on the sidelines, looked to me more like " Can ANYONE else step up here for a change"

Archived