• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My top FA targets

JawnyBlaze

Ok, i will go through this list one by one.

1. Brent Grimes, CB- Will weaken a division rival, strengthen a position of dire weakness. He'll be 29 when the season starts, and will probably get a much bigger contract than we should give him.

if you get him, GREAT, but i dont see Atlanta letting him, go, will be resigned. i think if the panthers get a cornerback, look at the TWO New York Giant free agents like Aaron Ross and Terrell Thomas. maybe Kelly Jennings or Rasheen Mathis.

2. Connor Barth, K- Will weaken a division rival, strengthen a position of dire weakness. I think cutting Mare is the biggest no-brainer move for us this offseason.

This could actually happen and should happen. it's rare that a kicker is franchised, i could see this.

3. Antonio Garay, DT- Plenty has already been said about him. Only if we can get him on the cheap.

this would be a good sign, but it's one i cant see, i think that we could get Franklyn if the Saints let him go and dont re-sign him.

4. Mario Williams, DE- Obviously most people's dream signing. Too expensive, VERY unlikely to happen.

the money wont be the issue in my book, it's Houston that will be the issue. he WILL be franchised, no doubt in my mind on that one!! he will be franchised and likely re-signed, he's too good to just let walk away! if we get him, be prepared to give up something for him.

5. Michael Griffin, FS- Another obvious signing that would probably be too expensive.

i would love this move, BUT something tells me that he ends up going to Washington and either moving to strong safety or playing free safety and moving Atogwe to strong safety. Laron Landry is more likely to be had. they likely get a lesser name like a Sean Jones.

6. Erin Henderson, WLB- He's young (26 when the season starts) and he's looked solid when he's played (as far as I've seen).

i dont know if they get him or not, could, could not. another name that could be looked at here is Rocky McIntosh, may want to team up with Beason again and he is best in a 4-3 defense.

the money wont be the issue in my book, it's Houston that will be the issue. he WILL be franchised, no doubt in my mind on that one!! he will be franchised and likely re-signed, he's too good to just let walk away! if we get him, be prepared to give up something for him.

I agree with your points. Let's say Houston franchises him (very likely if he doesn't sign a contract with them right off the bat anyway). Is a 26 year old elite DE worth giving up 2 first round picks to sign him away from the franchise tender? I'd almost say yes, especially if we improve like we all hope we do and are picking bottom 12 next year.

I think he was thinking about Chuck smith. But yeah no Abe dude is like 35 now.

Damn, you are right, I was thinking about Smith. If my memory is correct, that was the year we brought in Swan, Smith and Reggie White. All were washed up and it turned out to be an embarrassment.

So thanks to you and the others that pointed out the error, but it doesn't change the Abraham situation; he looks too much like one of the Swan, Smith, White trio.

I'm with JOAT on this one, we will only see mid-level signing of FA. A DT like Garay or Jones to aid our interior until coaches are sure of what they have in Fua and McClain. And a WLB as an insurance policy for TDavis.

For those harping on a CB, we will not grab a FA CB and I have my doubts about us drafting one. Really think the coaches are high on Hogan. Players and coaches have done nothing but praise him.

yeah, i don't think the falcons will let go of grimes. i know they have done stuff that lets us know that their team is run by some blind orangutan throwing darts at a ouija board but they can't afford to let him go. i mean it's not like they can go out and pick up someone to fill that hole this year in the draft.

Archived