• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My top FA targets

JawnyBlaze

I didn't see a recent thread on FAs in general, just position specific ones, so here's my wishlist:

1. Brent Grimes, CB- Will weaken a division rival, strengthen a position of dire weakness. He'll be 29 when the season starts, and will probably get a much bigger contract than we should give him.

2. Connor Barth, K- Will weaken a division rival, strengthen a position of dire weakness. I think cutting Mare is the biggest no-brainer move for us this offseason. Barth is young (will be 26 when the season starts) and very solid. Could set us up for 10+ years at kicker. Also has NC connections (went to UNC). Shouldn't command a big payday since he's not a big name, TB might not outbid us since the Glazers are cheap AND they have a new coaching staff coming in. Probably my favorite target considering cost/affect ratio.

3. Antonio Garay, DT- Plenty has already been said about him. He's not young, and our DTs don't seem as big a weakness as they used to with Kearse and Shirley playing well in a rotation. Only if we can get him on the cheap.

4. Mario Williams, DE- Obviously most people's dream signing. Too expensive, VERY unlikely to happen. Would give us a helluva fierce pass rush if they did manage to land him, though. Both sides would be very good against the rush, too.

5. Michael Griffin, FS- Another obvious signing that would probably be too expensive. He's not a household name, so I wouldn't call it quite as unlikely as M. Williams. I'd probably rather get Markelle Martin in the 2nd, but if we signed Griffin before the draft we could use that 2nd on a CB or LB.

6. Erin Henderson, WLB- He's young (26 when the season starts) and he's looked solid when he's played (as far as I've seen). If we want to save some money while still possibly signing a starter if TD can't go he could be our guy. Younger brother of fellow Viking EJ Henderson, who was an alternate for the Pro Bowl last year. Might wanna stay with big bro, but who knows.

Barth is from Wilmington, went to Hoggard high school. My girlfriend knows him, and his best friend. She told me the other day that he was aware of our kicking problems and that he'd love to play for the Panthers if given the opportunity.

I think that having Cam and all this potential for great things that the Panthers have will make it easier for players to sign with us. Then again it is all about the $$$ and JR said himself he doesnt believe in bringing in big FAs.

Hopefully we get that whole list!

Griffin, Grubbs, Garay

Go OT/CB in the 1st and 2nd

That's what I'd like to see.

Get Griffin and Garay, two guys that won't be that expensive, draft Jonathon Martin or Riley Reiff in the 1st, and draft either Chase Minnifield, Janoris Jenkins, or the best OLB available in the 2nd.

loving the connor barth idea. would be great, imo.

one i would add is chris chamberlain from the saints. he's an outside/nickel LB that is pretty good against the run but where he excels is as a special teams ace.

would make a really positive impact without costing much $$.

Archived