• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

There is no other team in the Top 10 that needs a DT besides the Panthers. He will be ours (if we want him). I think the Cowboys might try to jump us for him. I just hope we get the #8 pick rather than the #9 pick.. because I could see the Dolphins trading down with the Cowboys. I know Jerry Jones was thinking about taking JJ Watt last season for that DE position, but decided to go with the OT. He will go with the DE this season.. I know it. Hopefully he will stay put and take Devon Still instead. Because both project to 34 DE as well as 4-3 DT.

The Panthers will get the best Dlineman in this entire draft. Not a single one will go off the board before our pick. That's my not-so bold prediction.

There is no other team in the Top 10 that needs a DT besides the Panthers. He will be ours (if we want him). I think the Cowboys might try to jump us for him. I just hope we get the #8 pick rather than the #9 pick.. because I could see the Dolphins trading down with the Cowboys. I know Jerry Jones was thinking about taking JJ Watt last season for that DE position, but decided to go with the OT. He will go with the DE this season.. I know it. Hopefully he will stay put and take Devon Still instead. Because both project to 34 DE as well as 4-3 DT.

The Panthers will get the best Dlineman in this entire draft. Not a single one will go off the board before our pick. That's my not-so bold prediction.

I was under the impression that Dallas might trade up to get a claiborne or Kirkpatrick (CB).

I was under the impression that Dallas might trade up to get a claiborne or Kirkpatrick (CB).
if the vikes get claiborne i could see the bucs going after kirkpatrick. bucs will probably go after a CB above anything else with barber retiring and talib probably jail bound or something.

jags and vikes are the real wildcards here. both have a ton of needs and could use help on the Dline. vikes may want the next kevin williams (brockers) of course they might want to give ponder another target or pick up claiborne.

point is, brockers could easily be gone by the time it gets to us, but the good thing is that also leaves the possibility of one of the better players in the draft falling.

nothing wrong with having one more blue chip player in the mix.

I think the Cowboys will be content with taking Janoris Jenkins with their pick. He shouldn't go before they pick and he's a high reward player at a position of great need for them.
could be. the dude will be a steal for whoever gets him past the top 10 picks.

Main point here is this pushes talent back towards us.

People like Richardson who could be worth a trade to other teams get that much closer.

Adds options.

If Barkley had come out we could have had a goldmine at 8/9

totally agreed.

i'm still hoping for that cincy trade scenario where they trade up to get their missing piece (richardson) and we get their 2 first rounders.

that would be swell :).

totally agreed.

i'm still hoping for that cincy trade scenario where they trade up to get their missing piece (richardson) and we get their 2 first rounders.

that would be swell :).

Been thinking about that very thing myself.

ONLY problem I have with that is losing a top 10 talent.

Their 2 picks are in the 20's correct ?

That's a significant power gap.

IT does however open up a world of options.

Been thinking about that very thing myself.

ONLY problem I have with that is losing a top 10 talent.

Their 2 picks are in the 20's correct ?

That's a significant power gap.

IT does however open up a world of options.

17th and 22nd

not too bad. i don't think there'd be a whole lot of drop off in talent there.

Archived