• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

oh look, based on what Brockers said, madhatter's full of poo again

What was the thought process behind getting bigger since the season ended?)

I didn’t really plan on gaining weight. It’s just drinking supplements, lifting weights differently pumped me up. I think I put on more muscle mass than anything else.

(How much more weight is that?)

I ended the season 317 and I’m 322 now so just a couple of pounds. Good, solid pounds. The good pounds, not the bad pounds.

http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2012/02/26/lsu-dt-michael-brockers-speaks/

Brockers did lift. Put in 19 reps. Not good. I know his arms are long but that's still bad, especially at 322.

I'm loving Poe. 44 reps and is legitimately strong on the field. You'd be surprised to know that he moves extremely well for his size as well. If we trade down, I'd love to get him. Mayock even compared him to Ngata.

Not good, but also nothing to take him out of the top ten on its own. He's got 35 inch arms, and he's doing basically the same amount of reps as most of the guards in this class. He's younger than most, too.

Poe's getting those comparisons based on his athletic ability, not his production. That makes me a little nervous.

I also don't like this argument that he didn't have production. He might not have had numbers, but for DTs (and DTs of his type in particular) numbers usually don't tell the whole story. His production is exemplified by the dominance of the LSU D-line this year, of which he was the anchor. You can say "he didn't have the stats of a top 10 pick" all you want, but I wouldn't say he didn't have the production.

oh, and by "you" I'm speaking generically, not referring to anyone in particular.

And what's up with all the talk of him being 6'5 instead of 6'7 now?? How do you mess that up?

A) I don't recall anyone calling him 6'7, I remember him being listed as 6'6 up until the Combine.

B) The numbers the colleges put out are always all over the place, even if he was listed by LSU at 6'7, a 2 inch difference isn't uncommon.

Guest Bwood15

seriously some of you guys bring up the dumbest poo to debate over

seriously i'm just asking why they changed his height because i've been busy since yesterday. not debating anything. take a deep breath.

Guest Bwood15

NFL.com mistakenly listed him as 6'7. Brockers than answered a question in a presser that stated he was 6'5 and the mistake was corrected.

Thank you..It's incredible how hard it is for some of the users on here to just answer a question.

Thank you..It's incredible how hard it is for some of the users on here to just answer a question.

great thing letting us know you appreciate someone responding seriously to the pressing question of whether brockers is 6'5'' or 6'7'' keep us updated on how grateful you are when people answer insignificant queries in the future

Archived