• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

You realize there is zero chance of him being available in that range, do you not?

Brockers is a lock for a Top 10. That's just the way it is. THere's fear that he's even starting to rise out of our range.

yep, i realize it. that's just where I would draft him...not any higher

I am ABSOLUTELY not liking the fact that Brockers (who is NOT injured) is chosing not to run nor lift at the combine.

I understand a QB wanting to throw to their own receivers. But, the only reason not to runa nd lift (outside of an injury) is if his fat ass is out of shape.

Major Red Flag to me.

Brockers' arms were one of the longest out of anybody in the combine, so his reps probably would be lower than you'd expect. There's no point in really getting too caught up in this. As for not running the 40, don't see how that would be perceived as a red flag unless you're a scout for the Raiders

When he weighed in, it was commented that he is a rock solid 322 and that he was absolutely not out of shape...

Madhatter's just irrationally finicky about weight on the defensive line. He thinks DEs under 270 are useless

Brockers' arms were one of the longest out of anybody in the combine, so his reps probably would be lower than you'd expect. There's no point in really getting too caught up in this. As for not running the 40, don't see how that would be perceived as a red flag unless you're a scout for the Raiders

Madhatter's just irrationally finicky about weight on the defensive line. He thinks DEs under 270 are useless

How does Brockers not running nor lifting have ANYTHING to do with DE's under 270 lbs. Apparently you are off your medication again.

A DT who is not injured and choses to not run nor lift has to be something that is significantly scrutinized. They have these drills for a reason at the combine....they show strength and athleticism.

The fact that Brockers was not prepared to show well in either does NOT bode well for him. Wait and see how much buzz there will be about this. Like it or not, this is a bigger deal that you think.

I am not saying that he is out of shape....or that he should not be our pick. Just that this decision is a little odd...and WILL be scrutinized. Maybe there is more to this than we know.

He WILL lift at his pro day....apparently he needed more time to have a decent showing. Again a red flag for a 1 year player whose on the field stats were not overly impressive.

How does Brockers not running nor lifting have ANYTHING to do with DE's under 270 lbs. Apparently you are off your medication again.

it doesn't. your comment about him being "out of shape" at 322 does, however.

A DT who is not injured and choses to not run nor lift has to be something that is significantly scrutinized. They have these drills for a reason at the combine....they show strength and athleticism.

lol

The fact that Brockers was not prepared to show well in either does NOT bode well for him. Wait and see how much buzz there will be about this. Like it or not, this is a bigger deal that you think.

Nick Fairley didn't bench last year at the combine and you still would've been willing for us to draft him first overall because we needed that stud DT presence way more than surefire bust-in-the-making Cam Newton, rite?

He WILL lift at his pro day....apparently he needed more time to have a decent showing. Again a red flag for a 1 year player whose on the field stats were not overly impressive.

stop trying to push the red flag argument you're not convincing anybody of poo

it doesn't. your comment about him being "out of shape" at 322 does, however.

lol

Nick Fairley didn't bench last year at the combine and you still would've been willing for us to draft him first overall because we needed that stud DT presence way more than surefire bust-in-the-making Cam Newton, rite?

stop trying to push the red flag argument you're not convincing anybody of poo

First....No I did not want Fairley at #1 last season. I wanted Dareus.

Second....I guarantee you that teams out there are scratching their heads and wondering "WHY" Brockers chose not to run nor lift. It may not be a big deal, but it very well may be one. You use the fact that he weighed in at 322 as an indication of him being in shape. However, he played the season at 300. Gaining 22 pounds before the combine is a big ???. He claims that it is "muscle weight"...yet he choses not to lift. Definitely a question mark.

Third...the fact that it is not a red flag to you means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The fact that some idiot on a message board does not see it as an issue means poo....just like my opinion that it might be a red flag means poo.

Difference between you and I....I am smart enough to know that my opinion is just that...an opinion. However, you are just dumb enough to think that your opinion is actually something more than that smelly thing that you pulled from your ass as threw agaisnt the wall.

First....No I did not want Fairley at #1 last season. I wanted Dareus.

just out of curiosity did Dareus's willingness to participate in the bench and 40 drills at the combine tip you towards him or was it mostly the fact that he was a better prospect overall than Fairley?

Second....I guarantee you that teams out there are scratching their heads and wondering "WHY" Brockers chose not to run nor lift. It may not be a big deal, but it very well may be one. You use the fact that he weighed in at 322 as an indication of him being in shape. However, he played the season at 300. Gainging 22 pounds before the combine is a big ???. He claims that it is "muscle weight"...yet he choses not to lift. Definitely a question mark.

where did you read that he played the season at 300? this isn't like boxing where they weigh you twice before every fight

Third...the fact that it is not a red flag to you means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The fact that some idiot on a message board does not see it as an issue means poo....just like my opinion that it might be a red flag means poo.

Hi, I'm madhatter, and I'm literally going to take a simple development like Brockers skipping drills at a glorified programming filler on the nfl network and try to turn it into a slight against him based on nothing that I've read but my own retarded intuition as I like to just stir the poo like it's lipton's iced tea, and then when somebody calls me out on my bullpoo I'm going to retort with this...

Difference between you and I....I am smart enough to know that my opinion is just that...an opinion. However, you are just dumb enough to think that your opinion is actually something more than that smelly thing that you pulled from your ass

derp i'm going to make baseless positive statements and then go "you're talking out of your ass" when people shoot it down

as threw agaisnt the wall

pantherclaw's little brother

Brockers did lift. Put in 19 reps. Not good. I know his arms are long but that's still bad, especially at 322.

I'm loving Poe. 44 reps and is legitimately strong on the field. You'd be surprised to know that he moves extremely well for his size as well. If we trade down, I'd love to get him. Mayock even compared him to Ngata.

madhatter remember when you said this?

Can see either...

Drafting Fairley....played outstanding this season and is a position of HUGE need. But, has several ? about him.

Drafting Peterson....unbelievable talent at CB which will be another area of need when Marshall is not re-signed. Fewer questions than Fairley.

Trade down...my preference.

Trading Down

and so, after Fairley didn't elect to bench at the combine, did you renege on this sentiment and jump on the Dareus bandwagon based on that red flag?

Archived