• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

Guest Bwood15

yeah...no one is going to be drooling over the sled, but the jump and quickness he has is another thing.

that and that broad jump. although jarron gilbert had an impressive broad jump so....

Wow I forgot all about Gilbert. What happened to him? I wanted us to drift him so badly.

The dude had videos of himself jumping out of a pool.

yeah...no one is going to be drooling over the sled, but the jump and quickness he has is another thing.

that and that broad jump. although jarron gilbert had an impressive broad jump so....

I still think Gilbert has potential at UT. The Bears tried to play him at DE (and he isn't a 3-4 5 tech either) and that he is not. But yeah that is kind of a useless measurement all together.

Well, the more and more I research on this guy, the more I see he's polarizing. Reminds me of Cam last year. One year wonder -the championship. He's raw and has potential to be great.

I can see us going ahead and rolling the dice with him like we did with Newton last year. The beauty of it is that if we DO pick him with our first pick. He'll more than likely be a sure fire stud. Hurney has a really good track record when picking 1st round talent.

One thing is clear, we are definitely going to address one spot and get a starter with our first pick. Unless we trade down, which is also fine with me. Dream scenario. Morris Claiborne drops to us...Sigh.

Well, the more and more I research on this guy, the more I see he's polarizing. Reminds me of Cam last year. One year wonder -the championship. He's raw and has potential to be great.

I can see us going ahead and rolling the dice with him like we did with Newton last year. The beauty of it is that if we DO pick him with our first pick. He'll more than likely be a sure fire stud. Hurney has a really good track record when picking 1st round talent.

One thing is clear, we are definitely going to address one spot and get a starter with our first pick. Unless we trade down, which is also fine with me. Dream scenario. Morris Claiborne drops to us...Sigh.

We did not just "roll the dice" with Newton and hoped we got lucky. He was the most researched draft pick in franchise history and possibly NFL history. Too many people's vision of how that went down is clouded because of the numerous draftniks who were salivating at the mouth hoping he would bust so they could claim some fame and say I told you so.

Gil Brandt(the undisputed most legit draftnik out there) at this time last year made a statement to the effect of how he could not see any scneraio where did not draft Newton.

However I do agree with the rest of your post, but I think even if we do trade down we will still get a starter with our first pick.

We did not just "roll the dice" with Newton and hoped we got lucky. He was the most researched draft pick in franchise history and possibly NFL history. Too many people's vision of how that went down is clouded because of the numerous draftniks who were salivating at the mouth hoping he would bust so they could claim some fame and say I told you so.

Gil Brandt(the undisputed most legit draftnik out there) at this time last year made a statement to the effect of how he could not see any scneraio where did not draft Newton.

However I do agree with the rest of your post, but I think even if we do trade down we will still get a starter with our first pick.

Well it's a perspective thing. I viewed it as playing Russian Roulette and winning. Your view would obviously be different. Either way, Cam proved everyone wrong. I couldn't be happier about that. I don't even want to think about how things would have been if he did bust.

Well it's a perspective thing. I viewed it as playing Russian Roulette and winning. Your view would obviously be different. Either way, Cam proved everyone wrong. I couldn't be happier about that. I don't even want to think about how things would have been if he did bust.

I would not say he proved everyone wrong, just his haters. He did the opposite with his supporters, he proved them right.

I would not say he proved everyone wrong, just his haters. He did the opposite with his supporters, he proved them right.

The word hater is being misused in my opinion, at times. I criticized him plenty. Not for his work ethic. But for his mechanics. His back foot throwing. Those things. Also the fact he only played one year really bothered me. The latter didn't matter in the end, and the mechanics have improved. But he still throws off that back foot. I believe he will always do it through out his career, it's just something he does.

I support him fully now, actually I gave him my full support the moment he was drafted.

I do realize that you're probably talking about all the real "haters" in the media that just butchered him and his character.

The word hater is being misused in my opinion, at times. I criticized him plenty. Not for his work ethic. But for his mechanics. His back foot throwing. Those things. Also the fact he only played one year really bothered me. The latter didn't matter in the end, and the mechanics have improved. But he still throws off that back foot. I believe he will always do it through out his career, it's just something he does.

I support him fully now, actually I gave him my full support the moment he was drafted.

I do realize that you're probably talking about all the real "haters" in the media that just butchered him and his character.

Yes I was talking about the media. I was not calling you out or calling you a hater. You like many on here had legit concerns unlike TRD.

Edit: TRD'S concern was legit as well but different. His concern was that it meant Matt Moore's days were numbered, nothing to do with Cams mechanics

i actually think that coples has the highest upside, but brockers is right up there. i think brockers has a better chance of reaching his upside, though...at least more consistently.

agreed about their thoughts on still and it kills me that i agree with them on much of anything.

oh well.

I think you are correct that Brockers has all of the tools to be a stud DT. But Damn....high draft picks on DT's just scare the crap out of me. There are SO many Top 10 DT busts.

Do we want a player that we ever really want to question his motor? As freakish as Julius Peppers was, we had that debate constantly. He'd show up sometimes...then other times look like a child molestor on the sidelines. Whoever we pick, I never want that to be a debate topic (ex. Coples right now)

I think you are correct that Brockers has all of the tools to be a stud DT. But Damn....high draft picks on DT's just scare the crap out of me. There are SO many Top 10 DT busts.
it's because they weren't scouted properly or were put in the wrong system/out of position. same goes with most busts.

i'm not worried about drafting a bust in the first round, though. hurney and the scouting department do a good job in the first round.

Archived