• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

I would like to think my opinion on here means something for players who's entire career I've watched.

I specifically called out Corvey Irvin as a bust when we drafted him.

this would be a Bad Draft Pick.

Why so? Also, who do you prefer?

Brockers never really did anything at LSU. There's a big reputation of the SEC as being this unstoppable conference, but outside of like 3-4 teams depending on the year, it's just like everyone else. Sure, half the top five comes from the SEC, but then you've got teams in the west like ole miss, miss state, auburn most years, etc.

He just didn't have the production you'd expect. Nothing like a Glen Dorsey for example.

It's mostly just the eye ball test. College stats are misleading, especially at the DLine position. He just doesn't pass it for me.

Brockers never really did anything at LSU. There's a big reputation of the SEC as being this unstoppable conference, but outside of like 3-4 teams depending on the year, it's just like everyone else. Sure, half the top five comes from the SEC, but then you've got teams in the west like ole miss, miss state, auburn most years, etc.

He just didn't have the production you'd expect. Nothing like a Glen Dorsey for example.

It's mostly just the eye ball test. College stats are misleading, especially at the DLine position. He just doesn't pass it for me.

Well because his career at LSU was so short, could that not also be a reason you view him as having an "underachieving career"?

not sure a guy that was scouted as a 6'6 255lb LB, recruited as a 265lb DE and then redshirted so he could fill out his frame to 300+ pounds (not getting fat, btw) and learn a new position (DT) and went from just a rotational guy in his redshirt freshman year and then in his second year playing the position became a starter and seen as an anchor of the Dline by coaches and teammates and one of the best DTs in the nation could be considered an 'underachiever'.

and you're welcome for that monster run-on sentence.

if all you're doing is looking at a snap shot of last year and this year, then i can understand the hesitancy. if you put it into the broader context of what has been happening with this man-beast it's easy to see the excitement he has been garnering.

I would like to think my opinion on here means something for players who's entire career I've watched.

I specifically called out Corvey Irvin as a bust when we drafted him.

this would be a Bad Draft Pick.

While I know there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that it would happen, but if we somehow got Claiborne 1st and Brockers hype-stock fell and he was there for our 2nd round pick, would you take him then? Or is he someone you don't like at any round?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7581658

Kiper and McShay talk about Brockers early in the video. He's their consensus "highest upside" pick, McShay says Still is his "biggest risk" pick.

i actually think that coples has the highest upside, but brockers is right up there. i think brockers has a better chance of reaching his upside, though...at least more consistently.

agreed about their thoughts on still and it kills me that i agree with them on much of anything.

oh well.

Look at the size and quickness though. You will see in time that this guy is the real deal.
yeah...no one is going to be drooling over the sled, but the jump and quickness he has is another thing.

that and that broad jump. although jarron gilbert had an impressive broad jump so....

Archived