• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vegas has already put a line up for next season's win total...

Razzy

I'll put $100 on the over.

With no offseason, and all of the injuries, this team still clawed they're way to 7-9 after starting a dismal 1-5.

Everyone, including Cam and Rivera now have some experience under they're belt, and we wont get off to a horrible start like we did this year. Plus, an easier schedule is a huge bonus.

I say 10 wins with a wildcard berth.

Was the last NO game just a bad dream?

I would swear we ended the year at 6-10.

I'll put $100 on the over.

With no offseason, and all of the injuries, this team still clawed they're way to 7-9 after starting a dismal 1-5.

Everyone, including Cam and Rivera now have some experience under they're belt, and we wont get off to a horrible start like we did this year. Plus, an easier schedule is a huge bonus.

I say 10 wins with a wildcard berth.

7-9 huh? Last time I checked we went 6-10.

Regardless of what happens between now and then, we are already considered strong playoff contenders for next year,. That alone has me giddy.

On the positive side. Between the draft and FA we should upgrade the talent level. I am hoping for 3-4 new starters, and at least the same amount coming in as upgrades to ST and depth. Which will only make us better. I like better.

On the negative side. We are probably not going to add more than a few new starters. So, unless both Beason and Edwards, and maybe TD, come back, we are not taking a very large step forward this season. Although it should be enough to get some playoff run type experience under our belt.

Unless we get lucky. I just cannot see us adding enough talent, in one off-season, to get to the promised land this year. Unfortunately, we are still one more year from becoming elite. It is that future, and the journey getting there, that has me the most giddy.

Short story long. It is a great time to be a Panther fan! And GOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least the offshore site I use has. It is also the first and only total for 2012 available right now. Take that for what you will.

8.5 wins

Over is -180 and under is +140 so vegas is favoring the over. It could be 9 or 9.5 by the start of the season depending on how the off season goes. Either way that's a tough line. If I had to bet I will take the over, although I feel like it's setting yourself up for a crushing 8-8 year.

Im new to this whole sports betting. Does that mean they pay 180 per dollar if they win more than 9?

I compared this season panthers offense to the Bengals. I couldn't believe how much better the Panthers offense was than the Bengals offense. But I also couldn't believe how far your defense was from theirs. The Bengals finished the regular season at 9-7. That means, the Panthers could have easily finished the season at Rivera's prediction of 10-6 had the defense simply stepped up and beat the teams you should have been able to beat.

So I say, next season 10-6 is not out of the question and 13-3 is a good ambitious number to set as a goal so you can at least land at 11-5.

On the positive side. Between the draft and FA we should upgrade the talent level. I am hoping for 3-4 new starters, and at least the same amount coming in as upgrades to ST and depth. Which will only make us better. I like better.

On the negative side. We are probably not going to add more than a few new starters. So, unless both Beason and Edwards, and maybe TD, come back, we are not taking a very large step forward this season. Although it should be enough to get some playoff run type experience under our belt.

Unless we get lucky. I just cannot see us adding enough talent, in one off-season, to get to the promised land this year.

Let's assume we get Beason back, but not Davis. Edwards comes back. We add 2 starters on D through the draft/FA. That is essentially 4 new players on D.

Add in Schwartz at RG and either Otah or Williams at RT. Throw in a 2nd or 3rd WR (Gettis or draft/FA), and we could look pretty solid going into the year.

Frankly, we probably wouldn't want more than that number of new faces or we are back to going through the learning curve again.

Throw in a dash of experience (especially with Cam), subtract out the normal injuries, and 9 or 10 wins is not an unreasonable expectation.

Or at least the offshore site I use has. It is also the first and only total for 2012 available right now. Take that for what you will.

8.5 wins

Over is -180 and under is +140 so vegas is favoring the over. It could be 9 or 9.5 by the start of the season depending on how the off season goes. Either way that's a tough line. If I had to bet I will take the over, although I feel like it's setting yourself up for a crushing 8-8 year.

Wht site do you use? I'd like to plce a bet.

Archived