• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest need for Newton

Hairless Cat

Im still in and I agree 100% As a matter of fact, I like to think that I have pretty good leadership skills myself considering that I made SGT at 21, SSG at 23 and I will hopefully make the SFC list this year at 27 but with all the potential young people have, I still had to be groomed to be an effective leader.

Thank you for your service, young man.

Both Gross and Rivera have addressed this issue with Cam. That Cam was defering to the vets, which is the way it usually goes. The last three games, after a talk with Gross, Cam was a much better leader.

Cam knew it was an area he needed to improve. Anyone have any qualms about how Cam attacks a weakness? Thought so.

This leadership issue is already in the past. At least as far as Gross and Rivera feel. I have full faith that Cam will continue to improve on this. Just as he strives to improve on any preceived weakness.

Better leadership from Cam. Yet another reason to be giddy for the future. And as always, GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

brees also sucked his first two years as a starter. he was only able to approach cam's 2011 in his fourth year of running a pro offense.

seriously it took drew brees four years to be able to run a pro offense at the same level as a goddamn rookie. what a retard am i right guys.

They wouldn't know that because Saints fans acted like they drafted Brees so his rookie year is 06 :rolleyes:

o (for Newton and Chudzinski together) improve the quick game passing concepts to help ease the pressure off the OL pass protection

They've already proved they can attack a team downfield, now I would like to see them add the ability to hit the quick, in-stride run after the catch passes that can surgically carve up a defense when they're blitzing or creating pressure

o limit turnovers

Cam is well on his way to being great.

You guys are lucky ;)

To think there was a time when I actually thought the Redskins would have a chance to draft him.

I don't think that Cam needs leadership skills. I believe that he has already grabbed the respect of the team and this will make him a better leader. Lets face it, we can all be better at what we do. I will admitt that I would like to see Cam come to the sideline after a failed series and sit down with the OC and go over pics of O & D, strategize and gameplan. However, I do understand that everyone is different and Cam has to grasp this on his on. Sucess won't come every series and you won't win every game. Thats not accepting losing, thats being realistic.

I think Cam is coming to grips with the realities of the NFL and the improvements that need to be made on the team a a whole. While I too was more than a little uncomfortable with the towel and apparent sulking, I understand we don't see or hear him for the whole three hours and how he acts. I did see him fire up the offense in the huddle recently and heard him give a pep talk in the tunnel when he was wired on either Versus or Showtime last week

In all respects, he is giving it his best shot to improve any and everything he can. I for one won't be surprised if next year, the team adds a "C" to the "S" and "1" on his jersey. If he hasn't earned it already, he will...soon.

Archived