• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest need for Newton

Hairless Cat

I served in the armed forces- lots of less gifted 21 and 22 year olds I served with were much more effective leaders than Newton - its the thing that worries me most about him.

go ahead , cover your eyes and flame on homers.

on the flipside cam hasn't invaded any countries on false pretenses so how about we call this one even

on the flipside cam hasn't invaded any countries on false pretenses so how about we call this one even

lol.

cam is still learning to be a better leader in bad times. hes use to winning and never losing. what i want him to keep is the WILL and the excitment to win. dont let this bad defense bring you down and make you stop caring about winning.

he needs to better in the 4th but playcalling needs to be better to. houston proves it. they had a good game plan and beat a good defense.

haters will always try to find someting wrong with him because THEY MAD!

Cam had a reason to be mad. The O line played horrible and Cam had no time to throw. Shockey clearly gave up on a play and no telling who else gave up during the game. We had horrible play calling in the 2nd half to add on to the horrible effort. Give the kid a break he is a 22 year old rookie.

What Cam really needs is for people like most on this board to stop looking at him like he is God. Jeez, the crap people here were talking about how we would beat the Saints as if it were a SURE thing because we have Cam, forgetting the fact that the Saints are stacked to the grill on offense is laughable.

Cam has done great, cant take that away from him. However it doesn't help him with he gets treated as if he can part water or otherwise deal with superbowl calibre teams, and makes all those folks who were talking out their bunghole about how we would stomp the Saints look like...well...look like they do after that defeat.

You served with them? So you spent time with them training? You watched them in exercises & possibly in combat? Day in & day out?

Well then I'm sure you saw them get frustrated. If say a O-3 happened to walk by while they were frustrated, would you think that O-3 saying "That soldier needs to work on their leadership skills" based on that brief time of observation was a fair assessment?

O-3

my last pay grade - yeah Ive seen natural leaders and some leaders who learned how to lead -that is what I am saying Cam needs to work on most - I hope he gets over his petulant child phase or this team and fan base are in for some not too happy times ahead.

What Cam, and the Panthers need, is a defense, and oh yeah, a special teams would help too.

Right now, the Panthers are 1/3 of a team relying on a rookie QB to make that 1/3 go.

There is no amount of rah-rah on the sidelines from Newton that would have changed one thing in that game yesterday unless he suddenly was able to play DE, DT, LB, Safety and CB and oh yeah, then go play on special teams.

Put the issue for yesterday where it belongs, on the coaches and that shitty ass defense, and not Newton's on field demeanor.

The pressure is on that boy routinely, and that offense, to not make one mistake to carry that sorry ass defense.

I don't know if it's the players or the coaches and injuries are no excuse for that performance either; but, that's what needs to change. ...and BTW, it was that way BEFORE Davis and Beason went down. They sucked in preseason as well.

Funny, when he comes out and says get on my level and lets go, people say he is stepping over his bounds. Yet when he says nothing, people bash him for not doing the same thing they just bashed him for. So he basically he should stand on the sideline, chew bubble gum, and clap.

Funny, when he comes out and says get on my level and lets go, people say he is stepping over his bounds. Yet when he says nothing, people bash him for not doing the same thing they just bashed him for. So he basically he should stand on the sideline, chew bubble gum, and clap.

Why bring facts into this thread? :lurk5:

What Cam, and the Panthers need, is a defense, and oh yeah, a special teams would help too.

Right now, the Panthers are 1/3 of a team relying on a rookie QB to make that 1/3 go.

There is no amount of rah-rah on the sidelines from Newton that would have changed one thing in that game yesterday unless he suddenly was able to play DE, DT, LB, Safety and CB and oh yeah, then go play on special teams.

Put the issue for yesterday where it belongs, on the coaches and that shitty ass defense, and not Newton's on field demeanor.

The pressure is on that boy routinely, and that offense, to not make one mistake to carry that sorry ass defense.

I don't know if it's the players or the coaches and injuries are no excuse for that performance either; but, that's what needs to change. ...and BTW, it was that way BEFORE Davis and Beason went down. They sucked in preseason as well.

I agree for the most part... keep in mind most defenses around the league sucked early on. after all, there was a lockout.

all of these passing and catching records this year are further proof.

Archived