• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest need for Newton

Hairless Cat

Didn't know that one of the requirements of being a rookie was being a leader...

i know i dont think that's a requirement hahaha, like i said to the op, leadership will come in time and maturity, that's one reason Young failed, he didnt mature. i believe Newton will do that eventually. the issues he needs to work on this offseason is on his decision making which he seems to be improving on already.

I served in the armed forces- lots of less gifted 21 and 22 year olds I served with were much more effective leaders than Newton - its the thing that worries me most about him.

go ahead , cover your eyes and flame on homers.

You served with them? So you spent time with them training? You watched them in exercises & possibly in combat? Day in & day out?

Well then I'm sure you saw them get frustrated. If say a O-3 happened to walk by while they were frustrated, would you think that O-3 saying "That soldier needs to work on their leadership skills" based on that brief time of observation was a fair assessment?

He's very emotional, and perhaps needs to better temper that going forward. But his biggest area of improvement is his accuracy and decision making.

He only sulks when HE does something bad on the field, not when the defense screws up...so once he improves his play, his attitude should also improve by extension.

i agree with the above poster. he seems to sulk when he himself is playing bad. it generally only happens when he's throwing picks. i've never seen him sulk on the sidelines when he's playing well but we're struggling. except maybe in the post-game press conference. he'll learn.

So what does it say about our players and coaches if we need a 22 year old rookie to get them to play at anything above the JV level?

Hell, Rivera's sorry ass looked asleep through most of the game. That 4 hour long stare into the middle distance sure motivated me.

As an aside to your dipshit military comment - I'm ex-military as well and you couldn't trust 80% of the young guys to mop a floor the right way.

I served in the armed forces- lots of less gifted 21 and 22 year olds I served with were much more effective leaders than Newton - its the thing that worries me most about him.

go ahead , cover your eyes and flame on homers.

I don't think I would compare a rookie quarterback with a trained military man (person).

Archived