• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest need for Newton

Hairless Cat

leadership comes with time and growth, so i dont think that's the biggest need as i think he will have that eventually. i think his biggest need is to not make an ill-advised interception which he's improving on, now with that said, that wouldnt have helped today, in order for him to win today, he would've had to score a TD on each and every drive he had.

LOL... I really wonder how many threads the Broncos' fans-site have on The Golden Calf of Bristol attitude and body language from today's game? Sitting there by himself with that helmet on his head really does look a little troubling... Why wasn't he there encouraging his players with pep-talk and being part of the team? Tim's attitude and body language should cause a few Broncos fans to be concerned.

i dont think Tim's body language was bad and honestly, i dont have much of a problem with Newton's, he's a rookie, he's going to be like this early on, i think in time this will improve, people harp on and on about the towel, but he has said in interviews that he does that because he looked up to Jordan.

I served in the armed forces- lots of less gifted 21 and 22 year olds I served with were much more effective leaders than Newton - its the thing that worries me most about him.

go ahead , cover your eyes and flame on homers.

Military: Trained to lead.

NFL: Trained to play football.

Hmmmm...:rolleyes:

I served in the armed forces- lots of less gifted 21 and 22 year olds I served with were much more effective leaders than Newton - its the thing that worries me most about him.

That's awesome of you but the NFL=/=the military.

He had the locker room at Auburn he's led before. Give the rookie time.

As I mentioned to someone else, on TV you see 30-45 seconds of Cam on the sidelines. He's on the sidelines anywhere from 1-1½ hours... Maybe you aren't getting the whole scene of what's going on there?

yeah, Fox (Pam Oliver) just waited and waited for him to get pissy then made a big deal about. I'm pissed about today, you are pissed about today. So why wouldn't Cam be pissed about today?

I'm sorry but you're basing his leadership skills based on what you see on the sidelines? There was absolutely nothing Newton could have done to save that game. NOTHING.

I acknowledged that sure the 'pouting' isn't a great image. But we aren't in the Huddles and we sure aren't in the locker room. This guy is way early in his career. We don't have the slightest idea of what kind of leader he is. All we have is a perception, all we get is the what we see on TV, and that isn't always the reality.

I'm a little torn on all of this. I agree a little that Cam needs to be more of a leader. But speaking strictly from my own athletic background (which was college b-ball) if some rookie/freshman came onto my team and I had played for and started getting in my face and jumping around trying to be a leader before he had ever actually done anything.... I think that I would punch him in the face.

Leadership is earned. You may be given a certain role that puts you in a position to be a leader (like a point guard or a QB) but true leadership is earned not anointed.

And Cam knows that.

Archived