• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breese said "as we win next week"

TruCatzFan

I never said he's "automatically better" QB than Marino. He does have what Marino never got though... A SuperBowl. You're a fool if you don't think this puts Brees in the convo as one of the best ever.

You're a fool if you think one "single season" record puts Brees in the conversation as one of the best ever. A fool and/or too young to know about anything more than this generation of football. I bet you think Lebron or Kobe are the best basketball players ever too. Brees' career isn't even in the same league as Manning. Favre has numerous records, which in my opinion are more important - career records, and he's not really in many people's conversation as best ever. He has the same number of Super Bowls as Brees. Brees has a long way to go to be in the conversation of best ever. I'm not trying to hate on Brees, I think he's a GREAT QB, especially considering his physical shortcomings (I'd consider him the Smitty of QBs, and that's quite some praise), but I seriously doubt he'll ever be considered in the running for best ever.

who the fug posts on a div. rivals forum for 3 plus year, and makes over 4200 posts? thats not even counting the saints forums your on. DAMN you need a life. I'm on here a ton, and even im not close to having as many posts as you. The ONLY defense saint fans can come up with is "who has the ring". well hell, give us 28 more years and i can gaurantee you we will have double, maybe even triple the ammount you earned in the same time. didn't the saints invent the bags over the heads anyways? nice fans!

You're a fool if you think one "single season" record puts Brees in the conversation as one of the best ever. A fool and/or too young to know about anything more than this generation of football. I bet you think Lebron or Kobe are the best basketball players ever too. Brees' career isn't even in the same league as Manning. Favre has numerous records, which in my opinion are more important - career records, and he's not really in many people's conversation as best ever. He has the same number of Super Bowls as Brees. Brees has a long way to go to be in the conversation of best ever. I'm not trying to hate on Brees, I think he's a GREAT QB, especially considering his physical shortcomings (I'd consider him the Smitty of QBs, and that's quite some praise), but I seriously doubt he'll ever be considered in the running for best ever.

Brees has the one thing Marino never got, but who ever said that Marino was the best QB ever? We're talking about ONE RECORD out of many. Cam is about to pass for 4,000 yards with over 600 yards rushing. No one has EVER done 4,000 + 500. Does that make him the best QB ever?

Nope, neither does this single season record. SINGLE SEASON. One year doesn't make one the best ever.

JB... When you hear the same sentiments on SC tomorrow and on all of the talk shows, dont come back crying to me. It will be talked about, and he is in the conversation... Whether you agree or disagree, he's in the conversation.

I'm not on his nuts, but it's arguable... And the fact that he has something Marino never got, catapults him ahead of Marino now.

Marino will only be known as the guy with the "quick release"

I grew up watching Marino, he was awesome... Don't come at me like I'm too young to know about the history of the game.

Brees has the one thing Marino never got, but who ever said that Marino was the best QB ever?

I'll never subscribe to the belief that championships identify the best individual players. By that belief, Ben Ruthlessbanger is twice the QB Brees is. And that's just laughable. I'd say Marino is one of the best ever, probably the most individually talented QB ever but I'd be open to the idea of others. Just don't try to use the "Marino has no Super Bowls' argument. It's weak.

JB... When you hear the same sentiments on SC tomorrow and on all of the talk shows, dont come back crying to me. It will be talked about, and he is in the conversation... Whether you agree or disagree, he's in the conversation.

I'm not on his nuts, but it's arguable... And the fact that he has something Marino never got, catapults him ahead of Marino now.

I grew up watching Marino, he was awesome... Don't come at me like I'm too young to know about the history of the game.

Hey, if I'm coming at you like you're too young to know any better it's because that's how you sound to me. I'm sure my age shows in my opinions too, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff before the 80s (before I was watching football) that I'm not taking into consideration. But I look at everything I've seen since then and there's no way Brees is in consideration. If the talking heads on Sports Center and talk shows are saying Brees should be talked about as one of the best ever, I'll call them idiots too. However, they'll probably be doing it just to pander to the young target audiences of the ESPN and MTV age these days. There's no way anyone can legitimately argue that Brees is (yet) better than Peyton Manning (knowledge of the game, arm, everything), Montana (rings, quick thinking), Favre (longevity, toughness, competitive spirit), Elway (no one particular thing that set him apart in my opinion, just the total package made him one of the better QBs), Marino (arm, talent, everything but rings speaks to his individual talent), Rodgers (where he's at in his career vs where Brees was at says Rodgers will end up with the better career), Brady (debatable, I'd take Brees first, but Brady has records and multi-rings too). Notable QBs I'd take Brees over: Aikman (his rings don't make him a better QB), Young (always thought he was very talented, but overrated), probably Brady (same as Aikman, rings don't tell the story of individual achievement and talent).

JB... I never disagreed with you bro... I get it, whether we like it or not, he's in the debate just as much as (cough) Roethlisberger...

It's an opinion anyways... It's all about how you merit things in your brain. I pretty much agree with your whole last post...

Although, I didn't know that people still watched MTV...

Dilfer better than Marino then?

Archived