• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That's right Peter King, open your throat. Yeah, just like that. Take it in.

Fiz

I am not gonna say he is the best rookie at any position ever. I also do not think we will be able to factor in things like rookie coach, rookie OC, no offseason, injuries, etc because down the road those things will not be top of mind like they are now. Those things matter but they won't stand the test of time like stats will.

I will say that if you deem Cam the best rookie QB of all time then he is the best rookie of all time by default. This is a QB league and QB is the toughest spot to play on the field. Maybe the toughest of all sports.

Damn, he went all the way to the base and licked the ball$.

I give King credit for taking his lumps, still waiting for Casserly to crawl out from under his rock and admit he was TOTALLY wrong about Cam as well.

Why anybody would ask Casserly to do draft analysis after he so strongly proclaimed that he wouldn't use a 1st round pick on Cam is beyond me.

I would say Randy Moss's 17 TD rookie year probably is as good if tnot maybe even better, but I'm glad for the recognition nonetheless.

if newton had only broken one record moss's record might be more impressive here, but that isn't the case.

moss's year was impressive for a rookie or for any WR, really, but i don't think his accomplishments can really come close to what newton has done this year.

you look at all the records newton broke and that he essentially broke the mold for a QB in being a true dual threat QB, setting records for being a passer and a rusher.

Dickerson and Moss both had great rookie seasons, but you have to factor in what a QB is asked to do vs a WR or RB.

I couldn't be more happy to have Cam's name next to Randy Moss and Eric Dickerson in all time rookie discussion. Cam's award and trophy case must be about to burst, the guy's won more awards in a three year span than most could fathom. It's insanity how many touchdowns the guy has score in this span.

Blinn- 16 rushing+ 22 passing = 38 touchdowns

Auburn- 20 rushing + 30 passing + 1 receiving = 51 touchdowns

Carolina- 14 rushing + 20 passing = 34 touchdowns

=123 total touchdowns in 3 years of football, with one game to go...Insanity I tell you!

Dickerson and Moss both had great rookie seasons, but you have to factor in what a QB is asked to do vs a WR or RB.

This is the one variable that defines it all. Forget the lockout or shitty backup QB'd teams, Cam was asked to lead and make decisions. He wasn't asked to run this way or go on this route.

Archived