• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*Our Coaching Staff*

TruCatzFan

Deserves all the credit in the world for The way our guys are playing right now.

I feel like our coaching staff and players have grown exponentially on both sides of the ball since Week 1.

I'd especially like to recognize our Defensive Coaching staff. They have literally schemed for games with a taped-together defense. There's no need to go down the list of injuries as this thread could easily fall into the tl;dr zone.

McDermott, and Meeks have done a phenomenal job with the pieces that they've had. I can't even imagine what our defense will look like if we're healthy next year, especially after you sprinkle in a few draft picks and FA signings.

Offensively:

Can you really say enough about what Chud and Shula have done with Cam Newton this year? I mean it's literally jaw-dropping! People have questioned Chud all year, and now it seems more than obvious that he has known exactly what he's been doing all year and has stuck to "the plan" Mike and DA have done a great job in coaching up and grooming Cam.

The players:

Have been through hell this season and have climbed from the depths of it all, to show their true heart and character. They have believed in one another, and now it seems that we will once again use a win streak to catapult us forward much like the '08 season.

Overall:

Some of us are disappointed at "what could have been" if not for a play in this game or that game. I thought we could win 10 games this season and if not for a play here or there we're sniffing the playoffs. However, most of the fans here estimated about 7 wins this season. It looks like you guys were all correct.

One thing is for sure though, NOBODY, not even Cam's biggest fans could have truely believed that he would have so much success during his Rookie Campaign... It has been an exciting ride watching him grow, and I can't wait to see him next year, with a full season behind him, and a full off-season to prepare. It's just a scary thought.

This team has turned the corner, while it could be argued that we obliterated a horrible TB team, we all know and feel that something about today was different. Like the rest of you, I'm already looking forward to next season, and we still have another game to go.

We will be a force to be reakoned with in 2012, and I "can't wait"

Hidden

I find it very hard to believe people would rather have Fox than Rivera as HC considering one guy is still living in the 1920's and another has had success with various defenses and drastically turning this team into a respectable/efficient offense.. while considering this same coach has taken both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses into Top 2 (minimum) defenses in the league..

By drafting more Pro Bowlers and another record setting QB who's already earned some space in Canton?

I'm fine with Hurney.

joke is this past draft may be one of the best we've had in years... but Hurney is blamed for trying to save John Fox's job..

Deserves all the credit in the world for The way our guys are playing right now.

I feel like our coaching staff and players have grown exponentially on both sides of the ball since Week 1.

I'd especially like to recognize our Defensive Coaching staff. They have literally schemed for games with a taped-together defense. There's no need to go down the list of injuries as this thread could easily fall into the tl;dr zone.

McDermott, and Meeks have done a phenomenal job with the pieces that they've had. I can't even imagine what our defense will look like if we're healthy next year, especially after you sprinkle in a few draft picks and FA signings.

Offensively:

Can you really say enough about what Chud and Shula have done with Cam Newton this year? I mean it's literally jaw-dropping! People have questioned Chud all year, and now it seems more than obvious that he has known exactly what he's been doing all year and has stuck to "the plan" Mike and DA have done a great job in coaching up and grooming Cam.

The players:

Have been through hell this season and have climbed from the depths of it all, to show their true heart and character. They have believed in one another, and now it seems that we will once again use a win streak to catapult us forward much like the '08 season.

Overall:

Some of us are disappointed at "what could have been" if not for a play in this game or that game. I thought we could win 10 games this season and if not for a play here or there we're sniffing the playoffs. However, most of the fans here estimated about 7 wins this season. It looks like you guys were all correct.

One thing is for sure though, NOBODY, not even Cam's biggest fans could have truely believed that he would have so much success during his Rookie Campaign... It has been an exciting ride watching him grow, and I can't wait to see him next year, with a full season behind him, and a full off-season to prepare. It's just a scary thought.

This team has turned the corner, while it could be argued that we obliterated a horrible TB team, we all know and feel that something about today was different. Like the rest of you, I'm already looking forward to next season, and we still have another game to go.

We will be a force to be reakoned with in 2012, and I "can't wait"

You are right that no one knows the level a rookie will succeed or not in the NFL.

But, those who studied and knew Cam knew he did have what it took to succeed. The question was, will he be get a fair chance to prove that he belongs in the top realm of QBs just like the Andrew Lucks of the world who seem to automatically get a free to the head of the class.

And, IMO, you cannot mold what isn't moldable. No matter how hard you try.

Speaking of coaches, just pay Chud! JR, open up the checkbook and pay him like a reasonably priced head coach. Don't let him flirt with the idea of being an HC to some awful team that fires their current coach....He needs to keep working his magic with our offensive playmakers for the foreseeable future!

Our future has just never been brighter. I've NEVER been as excited as I am right now about The Panthers. SuperBowl year, of course... And I felt like it was our destiny in 08.... But this is different.

The level of excitement following todays win was just on another level. The coaching staff should get Kudos for having our guys even care at all today, let alone go out there and execute like they did in all 3 phases. This was the complete game that we'd been waiting for. Man o man... Merry Christmas!

The next game against the Saints will be a better measuring stick as to where we are as a team. Overall I'm thrilled with Chud and our high powered and exciting offense. McDermott doesn't have a lot of talent out there on defense, and sadly we probably missed the playoffs because of our defense. But next season we should have a lot more talent, and I think that should be the factor that gets us over the hump and into the playoffs.

I'll be interested to see if McDermott has a plan this time for stopping that giant NBA man-creature the Saints always throw to at TE. We all knew the Saints were going to rely heavily on him last time, and to see him running his routes wide open made me ill.

Archived