• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Dice K is finally being exposed...

shinner

Devil Rays beating him up pretty good this afternoon...I've never thought much of him but he still managed a good number of wins (mainly through great run support IMO). He pitched the game I went to at Fenway last year and the Cards clobbered him.

He's pitched a heck of a lot of innings counting those for the Japanese team. His arm is probably fatigued right now. On top of all the innings he throws a heck of a lot of pitches, he had I think around 16 games last season with over 100 pitches through 6 innings. I would at least give him a couple more starts before saying he's being exposed.

what ever happened to that mysterious "gyro-ball" that he supposedly has?

He's thrown it before overseas [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvNWDKAxAs&feature=player_embedded"]gyropitch[/ame]. I'm not sure he thrown it over here. I think even SI did an article saying he didn't throw the pitch. It's basically a slurve pitch though. What most people thought was his Gyro pitch is actually his change up..... which is a wicked pitch in itself because it moves so damn much.

Matsuzaka throws his changeup with a screwball action to it, including a bigger break than most such offspeed pitches

Archived