• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Angels' Adenhart dies

Matt Foley

Been an Angels fan since 78...been through a lot of bad in that time (even though Angels have turned things around recently). This is the lowest. Can't imagine the team having to play tonight. He was supposedly very well liked in the clubhouse. Freaking idiot who killed him tried to get away on foot.

Very sad to hear this. From what I am hearing the game is cancelled.

Very nice having a moment of silence for him before the game. I also like Hunter and Lackey holding his jersey on the mound. I bet that was really tough to get out there and play a game tonight with all those emotions running threw your head.

RIP Nick Adenhart.

Going to have to pull for the Halos in the AL this year.....I have always like that team. I grew up a big Doug DeCinces fan. Don't ask me why....I just know I collected every card he had and wrote him letters as a kid.

On a side note.....I was a bit shocked to see Scott Boras show that much real emotion at that press conference.

Going to have to pull for the Halos in the AL this year.....I have always like that team. I grew up a big Doug DeCinces fan. Don't ask me why....I just know I collected every card he had and wrote him letters as a kid.

On a side note.....I was a bit shocked to see Scott Boras show that much real emotion at that press conference.

Boras has a suite at Angels Stadium. Don't know why...he turned around and effed us with Teixeira.

Doug DeCinces carried the Angels in 1982. I was such a baseball nerd that year. Kept everyone's batting averages day by day (with a calculator). If you look at that every day lineup, you'll wonder how they didn't win the pennant. Relief pitching killed them. Then, in 86, DeCinces could have ended the Donnie Moore game with a deep fly ball in the bottom of the ninth (Wilfong was on third and the score was tied with one out). Gene Mauch was quoted as saying he had to find a place to live because he bet his house on DeCinces getting that guy home. If he had, Donnie Moore would have gotten the win and it would have been Mets/Angels in the Series. No Bill Buckner.

Boras has a suite at Angels Stadium. Don't know why...he turned around and effed us with Teixeira.

Doug DeCinces carried the Angels in 1982. I was such a baseball nerd that year. Kept everyone's batting averages day by day (with a calculator). If you look at that every day lineup, you'll wonder how they didn't win the pennant. Relief pitching killed them. Then, in 86, DeCinces could have ended the Donnie Moore game with a deep fly ball in the bottom of the ninth (Wilfong was on third and the score was tied with one out). Gene Mauch was quoted as saying he had to find a place to live because he bet his house on DeCinces getting that guy home. If he had, Donnie Moore would have gotten the win and it would have been Mets/Angels in the Series. No Bill Buckner.

I was the same way with the batting average thing. Is the game that you are referring the one they say contributed to Donnie Moore killing himself? I also liked the Angels because that is the first image in my head when I remember Nolan Ryan. Was a fan of Wally Joyner also.

PS.....Boras was just doing his job.

I was the same way with the batting average thing. Is the game that you are referring the one they say contributed to Donnie Moore killing himself? I also liked the Angels because that is the first image in my head when I remember Nolan Ryan. Was a fan of Wally Joyner also.

PS.....Boras was just doing his job.

Yes, Game Five of the 1986 ALCS. Angels led 5-2 going into the ninth leading three games to one. Donnie Moore got down to one strike away and Henderson kept fouling off his forkballs. So Moore gave in and threw a fastball. What no one remembers is that the Angels staged a rally in the bottom of the ninth. DeCinces and Downing both failed to get the guy home from third. That game was one big stomach punch. Wally Joyner was out because a spider bit him on his leg and it was all swollen.

Archived