• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trekie Nerdgasm

Delhommey

The 200-strong audience thought they were settling down to watch an extended screening of the 1982 Star Trek film The Wrath of Khan, followed by a 10-minute sneak preview of the new JJ Abrams movie, which was due to premiere in Sydney, Australia several hours later.

Minutes into the screening at the Alamo Drafthouse theatre, however, the cinema projection appeared to suffer technical problems and the writers came on stage to apologise.

They were joined by a man in a trenchcoat who removed his baseball cap to reveal himself as Nimoy, the actor who played Mr Spock.

"Tonight, in about three hours from now, in Australia they are running the Star Trek premiere of the new movie," Nimoy said. "So you're going to see, what, 10 minutes of the new movie tonight? Wouldn't you rather see the whole movie?"

To whoops of delight from the audience, many of whom were in tears, Nimoy went on: "I tell you what. I think it's wrong that Australia should be the first to see the new movie. I think it really should have its world premiere right here, tonight, in Austin."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/5126895/Star-Trek-Leonard-Nimoy-treats-fans-to-surprise-premiere.html

Archived