• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8 1/2 hrs in the ER

TruCatzFan

Wow, that sucks big time.

My 6 YO just got over the Croup and it looks like my 1 YO now has it. I swear, when they cough, it just sends shivers up my spine.

When my youngest was born, he was preemie and the lungs weren't totally up to snuff and he had a nebulizer. He hated wearing the mask but I would hold him and tell him he was an A-10 pilot in the war and he was keeping the groundpounders safe. We even got some cool stickers to put on it.

Hopefully the little dude will be fine soon and breaking things in no time.

Thanks to everybody's kind words. He seems to be doing very well, and is sleeping well. I'm paranoid though, and will be checking on him hourly at a minimum.

I had SEVERE Asthma as a young child, I can only pray that I did not pass this on to him, and that this is an isolated incident.

If he suffers another episode, rest assured that I will be pushing it to the highest levels of the Hospital to get him tested for every/any lung deficiency that there is.

Again thank you for all of the prayers and good advice!

I'll keep you guys posted in the next few days.

Just now catching this, hope you have an uneventful night and he's back on track by tomorrow. Sometimes, when they are that age, just getting off of their sleep rhythm can make them crazy and lead you to think that something else could be wrong.

If he gets rest, he'll improve quick, but you definitely did the right thing to go to the ER.

in this country you can still be fuged even if you have insurance.

Especially at WAMC.

I kid, I kid. Some of the people in the Emergency Department are excellent - you just have to snap your fingers in their faces and get their undivided attention first.

Archived