• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers not talking to teammates

dpanthersman

And if he holds out while his money is still on the books...?

You free up cap space elsewhere, sign your picks and FA's that you need and go about your business. Then you welcome Julius back for week 11.

This won't happen though. Not with 17m on the table and the possibility of an uncapped year looming.

You free up cap space elsewhere, sign your picks and FA's that you need and go about your business. Then you welcome Julius back for week 11.

This won't happen though. Not with 17m on the table and the possibility of an uncapped year looming.

I agree--devils advocate and all. But I will say that I wouldn't bet on what Julius is going to do.

Hey guys, I'm posting a question in an existing Peppers thread, rather then starting a new one!!!!!

Ok, now considering a few weeks ago it seemed like Peppers to the Pats was a sure thing, do you guys still think this is a possibility?

My assumption on what is going on is the Pats have their eye on some talent that they think they might have the possibility of getting. IF that talent does not fall to them, I would say the "Peppers to NE" trade happens.

Methinks Yaz was desperate for any kind of info on this one so he went with this just to fill up space. Pep has always marched to his own drummer. We went on a Caravan Tour trip to somewhere on the coast once and he sat by himself and played on his blackberry all the way there and all the way back. Only player I'd ever seen on one of those trips who didn't sit in the back with his teammates. I honestly think Pep doesn't like the "hang out in strip clubs and bask in the adulation" lifestyle many of his teammates enjoy.

I would truly hope Pep has no visions of the team cutting him. That would be undoubtedly the most stupidly retarded thing this franchise has ever done.

I am not saying that is going to happen, but I would not put it past Pep, or his agent, honestly.

Hey guys, I'm posting a question in an existing Peppers thread, rather then starting a new one!!!!!

Ok, now considering a few weeks ago it seemed like Peppers to the Pats was a sure thing, do you guys still think this is a possibility?

My assumption on what is going on is the Pats have their eye on some talent that they think they might have the possibility of getting. IF that talent does not fall to them, I would say the "Peppers to NE" trade happens.

I don't think he is their type of player honestly. I also think he is more of a risk financially since it would require draft picks to get him plus a new contract. Why not snag one or two of the myriad of DE conversions that seem to be available in this draft and "raise" them in the system as an OLB? It would be less financial and draft pick risk IMO.

Archived