• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers not talking to teammates

dpanthersman

Peppers has always been a private person, so I doubt he's behaving any differently this year than any other year, when it comes to talking with teammates in the off season.

Incorrect. I once saw Pep, DeShaun Foster, and Stephen Davis eating at a Chick-Fil-A at Stonecrest a few years back during the offseason. You can choose to believe me or not, but all three of them were in the restaurant and signed a few autographs from some kids before they left.

So it's false to say that he has never interacted with teammates before.

I would imagine that Pep is in a waiting game.

He probably is hoping that we cut him to just move on, and not let this thing take down a good team,all the while freeing up an enormous amount of cash.

We are hoping that a team offers up two first rounders for a streaky player, that was at one time a fan favorite.

The truth is that it's a 50/50 chance that he plays this year, or gets traded close to or on draft day for a late 1st or an early 2nd and some change.

IMO

Incorrect. I once saw Pep, DeShaun Foster, and Stephen Davis eating at a Chick-Fil-A at Stonecrest a few years back during the offseason. You can choose to believe me or not, but all three of them were in the restaurant and signed a few autographs from some kids before they left.

Incorrect. I just called J-Pepp and he wasn't able to confirm this story.

I once saw a chicken chase off a cow that was near her nest. Didn't mean it happened, (and worked) every day... :lol:

That Peppers is a quiet person off the field is well established. That he can be vocal on field is also well established. That he's being a dumbass lead on a leash right now, also well established. Who knows how this will play out at this point...

Sounds like you all are just jumping on anything to prove a point (whichever point you choose to have).

It's the offseason. Things get blown way out of proportion all the time. I guess I shouldn't be surprised the huddle is taking that to an even higher level.

I didn't say that he never interacted with his teammates, but I've heard Jordan Gross, along with a couple of his other teammates, say that Peppers is a private person who usually doesn't talk a lot. That's nothing new at all.

moose says he talked to peppers

yas said he spoke to rosinski who said he spoke to some unnamed panther player who said that no one is talking to peppers

i dunno...who to believe?

The reporter. He has no loyalty to make his team sound "tight knit", because his team is ESPN. His job is to make news, shock, and make people read his column. Having the column, "PANTHERS ARE HOLDING HANDS AND SINGING KUMBAYA", will only get over with the Panthers fanbase. Saying there is trouble brewing will get you on Sportscenter and make your boss pat your back. Meanwhile, Moose isn't going to let locker room drama spill out into the media if he can help it. Of course he's going to see the cup as half full and spin it that way if he has to.

this thread sucks.

who cares if peppers isn't talking to any of his teammates.

did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he has talked to teammates and somehow or another something made it to the press that wasn't supposed to...or that info was twisted in some way shape or form? now he isn't talking at all because of it?

maybe he's keeping a zipped lip because it's the offseason, he isn't required to deal with anyone on a personal level, and that he's taking a break from everything?

how about the fact that outside of the panther fandome and a few beat writers who will write about spit on a sidewalk, nobody who pays attention to football gives two rusty nickels about what's going on between peppers and carolina?

I would imagine that Pep is in a waiting game.

He probably is hoping that we cut him to just move on, and not let this thing take down a good team,all the while freeing up an enormous amount of cash.

We are hoping that a team offers up two first rounders for a streaky player, that was at one time a fan favorite.

The truth is that it's a 50/50 chance that he plays this year, or gets traded close to or on draft day for a late 1st or an early 2nd and some change.

IMO

I would truly hope Pep has no visions of the team cutting him. That would be undoubtedly the most stupidly retarded thing this franchise has ever done.

Archived