• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After some cooling off today...

TruCatzFan

And after watching every single post game interview on panthers.com I've come up with several things that I took away from them.

1- Rivera is pissed now, his mannerisms have changed. He's tired of losing, and while he's still saying the "politically correct" things it's eating him up inside not to completely melt down in rage during these interviews. (for me, this makes me happy that he's starting to show signs that enough is enough... I was a little concerned at his inability to show emotion)

2- Rivera and the staff are evaluating everybody on every snap. He said as much. He will be getting rid of people after this season. I have a feeling that certain players will re-structure to get this team on the right track

3- Cam has a lot of growing up to do imo... His post game interviews after losses are horrendous to watch, and I hope that we won't have to watch many more of them, as I'm hoping we can start actually winning.

4- Steve Smith is one of the most humble people that plays this game. Class act by admitting shortcomings and bone-headedness earlier in his career.

5- and most importantly... I honestly believe that this team will move on after this season and do very great things. Before I just hoped that this would be the case, but after listening to Rivera in this last presser I feel that I now have a plausible reason to attach to my "homer" thoughts

I'm just as tired as everybody else that we continue to lose.

I'm just as tired that we continue to look to the future in order to win

I want to win and win now as much as anybody

I hate that I'm posting yet another "next year" thread

But after listening to RR, I do believe in him now, and here recently I have started to doubt his style. Take it for what it's worth.

If anybody else watched all of the post game interviews feel free to weigh in...

I hate losing, and I myself may have jinxed them this past Sunday...I'm getting fuggin frustrated so I'm just gonna end this now.

my only question is where is Rivera getting these horrible sweaters from? Seriously, they look like a package deal from TJ Maxx with a Panthers logo sewed on

Edit: really liked the interview from Rivera today. I thought it was his best one yet.

I get a funny feeling Sherrod Martin and Captain will not be starting next year. Captain likely will be moved to nickel (where he is better suited, sorry Captain fans, I love him, but he isn't starting material)

Sherrod could get flat out cut.

Also everyone start praying Jon Beason comes back at 100%.

and finally Rivera's right Gamble deserves to get in the Pro Bowl this year.

yeah i've always liked rivera in pressers. seems to be genuine and calls out players' mistakes but you can tell when he gets a bit flustered and has to hold something back. today's in particular had a lot of interesting things where he talks about giving people things to do and if they can't do it, its time to move forward. looking forward to how he handles a normal off-season.

Rivera better be busy as hell this off season. As he said we have like 5 starters, which is kind of pathetic, this isn't basketball or baseball, there are 22 starters on the field.

I get worked up over excuses.

Last year the main one (among hundreds) was we didn't have a QB, now it's something else. We weren't a 2-14 team, that was just our record...but now our record shows we suck...even though we have a QB. This is just one of many many many examples.

Excuses are irritating why is everyone so scared of saying we just aren't good enough? I sure hope at least Rivera isn't becasue we are not and the solution is to find players who are, not find excuses.

Archived