• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!

2jakefansinva

Neither dimbs nor yourself live here in Chicago, so you really can't get a handle on the rivalry.

I speak with decades of actual experience on the issue, and I can say that the level of meatheadery and douchbaggery on both sides from the fans is vomit-inducing.

Sox fans have an annoying habit of wearing a lot of anti-Cub apparel around here, which I find hysterical.

Are you a Sox fan? Great. Wear some Sox swag. Wearing anti-Cub swag instead tells me everything I need to know. Poor focus.

Does anti-Sox swag exist? Yes, but it is uncommon, and considering Cub fans outnumber Sox fans by something like 3-1 around here, it says something.

They have a chip on their shoulder, and it annoys the crap out of me.

Again, I actually enjoy watching their team, really enjoy their ballpark, much more than the "shrine" Wrigley....but the inferiority complex is a sign of weakness and mental midgetry.

Actually I live about an hour out of Chicago, but who am I to argue with someone who apparently knows me better.

I have one piece of anti-Cubs t-shirt, which I bought 7 years ago. And don't tell me that Cub fans don't wear anti-Sox shirts. I've been to Wrigley and I've seen the t-shirt stands with the Sox Suck shirts.

Personally I do not know any White Sox fans that really, truly HATE the Cubs.

Another thing, there are numerous Cubs fans that go to White Sox games even when the Cubs ain't playing there. I can't even count how many times we will be walking down the ramps and either see someone with a Cubs jersey on or someone yelling, "Sox Suck" or "Go Cubs Go".

Then you say Cubs fans outnumber Sox fans 3-1. Have you seen some of the "Fans" at Cubs games. Maybe 50% of the people there are true fans.

As a third party outside opinion who goes to as many major league games as I can when I travel...

I went to both Wrigley and US Cell last season. Two times to each stadium. US Cell seems to have more true fans than Wrigley. Wrigley seems to be all about the atmosphere with less diehards.

I think there are more real Cubs fans in Miami and Atlanta.

Actually I live about an hour out of Chicago, but who am I to argue with someone who apparently knows me better.

I have one piece of anti-Cubs t-shirt, which I bought 7 years ago. And don't tell me that Cub fans don't wear anti-Sox shirts. I've been to Wrigley and I've seen the t-shirt stands with the Sox Suck shirts.

Personally I do not know any White Sox fans that really, truly HATE the Cubs.

Another thing, there are numerous Cubs fans that go to White Sox games even when the Cubs ain't playing there. I can't even count how many times we will be walking down the ramps and either see someone with a Cubs jersey on or someone yelling, "Sox Suck" or "Go Cubs Go".

Then you say Cubs fans outnumber Sox fans 3-1. Have you seen some of the "Fans" at Cubs games. Maybe 50% of the people there are true fans.

Sigh.

Whatever. The typical canned responses.

You proved my point when you admitted to owning said piece of anti-Cub clothing.

I own none. My brother owns none. My friends.....none.

You and almost every Sox fan I know owns an item of anti-Cub clothing.

And I know more than a dozen Sox fans very well, would call them close friends.

You wear your hatred literally on your sleeve, and that's ok.

Actually, you don't wear your hatred, since you claim not to hate them, you wear your inferiority complex on your sleeve. And like I said, you all pretty much do it, and it is predictable, sad, and hilarious.

And yes, I'll speak about (nor FOR) you and your bretheren since I live here too, thank you very much, and I'm guessing I've been around longer than you too.

"True" fans. The classic response. Yeah, you guys are soooooo true you stop going to games when the team is just ok. Or playing a "boring" opponent. Whatever.

You are correct in stating that a large % of Wrigley attendees are just there to enjoy the worlds largest beer garden.

Point taken, but if you honestly think the number of Cub to Sox fans is not 3-1or even GREATER around the Chicago area you have sh*t for brains. And really have no idea what you are talking about. Call up WSCR or ESPN 1000 and ask one of them what the numbers are like. 3-1. Maybe more. It is their business to know those things, so they'll set you straight.

Everybody knows that is true. Everybody.

All you have is your "true fan" comeback, which is horsesh*t since all that really matters is fannies in the seats.

This argument is tired.

I've been having it with you guys for 30 years.

Enough. Pay attention to your own team.

I'm guessing you won't, since you seem to respond in every Cub thread around. Again, typical.

Check out who started the Mark Buehrle love thread.

It was NOT a Sox fan.

If Zambrano was throwing something like that, you can bet your sweet Aunt Susie's as* you wouldn't do that. More likely a smartass comment would be shared.

It's ok, you can't help yourself.

As I said, it is just part of your fandom.

So basically you're saying because this is a Cubs thread I can't post in it? You can talk all this crap about the Sox and I can't say anything back? IMO this is a baseball thread, me being a fan of baseball will post here.

I got that Cubs hate shirt as a gift from my father and I have worn it twice for his sake.

Then you say you all do that? Who? Every single Sox fan on the face of the damn Earth?? Right, because every Sox fan goes out of their way to hate the Cubs and wear that hatred on themselves. Plus you're saying that not one single Cubs fan owns a piece of Sox hatred. You ignore the fact that there are stands outside of Wrigley that have these shirts.

Of course Cubs fans outnumber the Sox Fans 3-1 or more, but do you honestly think that all the people that go to Cubs games are real fans. Do you really think that these all these teenage girls give a rats ass about the f-ing Cubs?? Do you really think that this people who go to the park just to get drunk are true fans??

Lol, you say that you've probably lived here longer than I have, lol so you know more about Sox fans than me?? Sorry sir.

I've lived here all my life.

PLUS!!!!!! The only thing that matters is winning, but you're a Cubs fan so you wouldn't know what that is.

And Congratulations for posting the Buehrle thread...sorry I was at work when it happened.

Once again this shows why I hate Cubs fans, I can't even talk baseball with any of you, well you especially.

(BTW don't know why they show that dude that jump the KC first base coach)

So basically you're saying because this is a Cubs thread I can't post in it? You can talk all this crap about the Sox and I can't say anything back? IMO this is a baseball thread, me being a fan of baseball will post here.

I got that Cubs hate shirt as a gift from my father and I have worn it twice for his sake.

Then you say you all do that? Who? Every single Sox fan on the face of the damn Earth?? Right, because every Sox fan goes out of their way to hate the Cubs and wear that hatred on themselves. Plus you're saying that not one single Cubs fan owns a piece of Sox hatred. You ignore the fact that there are stands outside of Wrigley that have these shirts.

Of course Cubs fans outnumber the Sox Fans 3-1 or more, but do you honestly think that all the people that go to Cubs games are real fans. Do you really think that these all these teenage girls give a rats ass about the f-ing Cubs?? Do you really think that this people who go to the park just to get drunk are true fans??

Lol, you say that you've probably lived here longer than I have, lol so you know more about Sox fans than me?? Sorry sir.

I've lived here all my life.

PLUS!!!!!! The only thing that matters is winning, but you're a Cubs fan so you wouldn't know what that is.

And Congratulations for posting the Buehrle thread...sorry I was at work when it happened.

Once again this shows why I hate Cubs fans, I can't even talk baseball with any of you, well you especially.

(BTW don't know why they show that dude that jump the KC first base coach)

Bwahahahaha.

This post is game, set, and match.

Point proven with your little video.

You can't talk baseball with a Cub fan because you don't know much about the game, not because I root for another team.

And my comment about anti-this or that team swag was in relation to normal, everyday fans of the teams, not the douchebags sitting in the bleachers of Wrigley or US Cell, since we both know most of those types have a hardon for excessive drinking and fighting.

I'm talking just regular people, that have an allegiance, and how they display it.

The Cub fan more often than not chooses to wear Cub attire, the Sox fan will invariably bust out the anti-Cub swag.

That was the only point I was making, as it relates to the inferiority complex.

Which is also sorta ridiculous, since your team has actually won a world series recently.

All the more reason for you guys to stop paying attention to a NL ballclub and focus on your own damn team.

Anyway, my other comment about being local was aimed at the fact that I'm sure I am OLDER than you, thus been around longer, thus know a bit more about the history of the rivalry than you. I am not questioning you "local boy" chops. I'm sure you are as Alsipian as the next Sox fan.

Whatever, I'm done.

Your last post and the cutesy song says it all about your attitude, clearly NOT directed at the fans of the Cubs, but in truth at the team.

Sad.

The video was directed at Cubs fans, and how sad it is to be a fan of the team.

I am currently wearing a Sox shirt, but I better take it off and put on my "Choke" shirt, since that's what me and Sox fans alike do.

I'm still lost on the fact that you keep saying pay attention to your own team. So basically I can't be a baseball fan? I can't watch any other teams play, all I can watch are the Sox? It's kinda hard not to pay attention to the Cubs when you live here, which hopefully you would agree.

Once again, I don't hate the Cubs. I dislike them, but do not hate.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Cubs-Phillies game last night, a Cubs doused Victorino with a beer as he was making a catch at the wall... He still caught the ball for the out, but you stay classy Cubs fans.

And this thread has really gone into a nosedive. Yeesh

Archived