• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lol @ luck!!

TruCatzFan

Radio callers have all the inside info...

Listen later for my call in when I mention that RG3 and Kalil are the ones Hurd was buying the drugs from and it'll all come out in a few months and if it doesn't it's just a big cover up.

Everyone should stay away from those two guys.

RG3 and Kalil...

Wonder if RG3 being involved has anything to do with Jim going to the Clippers instead of the Lakers... (which was POOTY)

I also wonder if Kalil is involved because he's leaving USC for the NFL...

Damned conspiracy theorists!!

Luck has made it clear he takes his parents' advice seriously in making decisions with regard to the draft.

Which means they probably talked him out of going to the Panthers last season.

You're welcome for clearing that up.

And I can't help but chuckle at the notion that finishing his degree was what mattered to him. Nothing's stopping the kid from going back to college when he's mega wealthy and done with football.

You didn't clear anything up.

To some of these guys, the degree means a lot. Plus, he wanted to play another season with his teammates so they could graduate together. I don't know why you find that funny. Perhaps he placed a different value on things than you did - it's not the first time it's been done and won't be the last.

Luck was so sure of himself he didn't worry about losing draft stock. He knew very well that the kind of prospect he was, he would have had to have regressed in a huge way to drop far. He also knew the rookie cap was going to be implemented, since it was one of the few things both sides agreed on.

Luck's parents actually said the decision was up to him. Perhaps they were lying. Then you must also think they were lying when they said it'd be nice if he played in Charlotte since he'd be closer to his father.

He made it clear from the start he was leaning towards staying in school. You can keep thinking it had something to do with the Panthers, but I highly doubt it. There's no evidence to suggest that, but there is evidence to suggest the opposite of that. Maybe you're right, maybe I'm right, doubt we'll convince each other.

This was posted in July of 2010

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/2010/7/11/1564052/stanford-qb-andrew-luck-nfl-draft

"I don’t think about [the NFL Draft] that much," the redshirt sophomore said on KNBR. "I still consider myself a pretty young guy. I need to get a degree in college before I start thinking about that stuff. I will probably stay in school for sure."

Seriously, there's no conspiracy against Carolina. Luck said he was going to stay in School before the 2010 season started. Enough of this bullshit that floats around huddler's heads.

I love Cam Newton and love what he has done so far but let us not forget super recent history...

First full year as a starter:

61.4% completions

3451 yards

25 passing tds

6 interceptions

95.9 rating

Second year as a starter after everyone was declaring he was going to be this good for a while:

61.3%

Being good for a year doesn't promise even better things the next season. Those were Freemans stats by the way.

Look at Sam Bradford as well.

Look at Eli Mannings career.

What will separate Cam from the others is if he can limit his turnovers over the next few years consistently, not just one year.

I love Cam Newton and love what he has done so far but let us not forget super recent history...

First full year as a starter:

61.4% completions

3451 yards

25 passing tds

6 interceptions

95.9 rating

Second year as a starter after everyone was declaring he was going to be this good for a while:

61.3%

Being good for a year doesn't promise even better things the next season. Those were Freemans stats by the way.

Look at Sam Bradford as well.

Look at Eli Mannings career.

What will separate Cam from the others is if he can limit his turnovers over the next few years consistently, not just one year.

What will separate Cam is he's given a chance to succeed. Not constantly pick-apart by fans who seem to find anything to fret over at every turn.

Eli made tons of mistakes and he has a Superbowl ring under his belt. What's your point?

Freeman's regression didn't happen in a vacuum. Tampa Bay's coaching staff is balls and their offensive talent is limited.

Our situation is different. The Panthers labored at surrounding Cam with playmakers and quality coaches with good track records. Chud sent Derek Anderson to the Pro Bowl for chrissakes and Shula was known for quality work with David Garrard in Jacksonville.

Archived