• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Right now, would trading back to get Still be the best scenario for us?

CardiacCats

and getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick also?

Let's say we're picking 8-10....Claiborne, Jeffery, Blackmon, and hell, I'll throw Jonathan Martin in here are all gone. I have to think trading back to the mid to low 20s and picking up the DT from Penn St would be great. Then add another CB early in the second (possibly Jayron Hosely) and we have filled two huge needs. I guess at 8-10 we could think about Kirkpatrick who could either play CB or take Sherod Martin's spot at FS

Martin won't go in the top 10. Not with Kalil and Reiff ahead of him.

That said, as Dontari Poe begins to make his ascent, moving down and nabbing him becomes optimal over Still. McClain has shown signs of life this season and could possibly develop into a good player. Poe gives us a NT and

an option in 3-4 allignments. Hopefully we can recieve a 3rd rounder in return.

I like the Pittsburgh, New England approach. They understand that it is a team game.

They make the team better. We are not a good team currently. Also, rumors of changing to a 3- 4 mean there is every reason not to fall in love with some name at the top of the boards but to pick up as many picks as possible.

I like the Pittsburgh, New England approach. They understand that it is a team game.

They make the team better. We are not a good team currently. Also, rumors of changing to a 3- 4 mean there is every reason not to fall in love with some name at the top of the boards but to pick up as many picks as possible.

But do you trust hurney with those lower draft position picks? i dont.

But do you trust hurney with those lower draft position picks? i dont.

Well, no football team will ever make the grade not being able to draft. If he cannot draft well, he needs to go. Hard to get excited about Panthers if they continue to do stupid things.

For instance, the running game is not our forte any longer. We have hitched our wagon to Cam for at least the next 5 yrs. We have also invested heavily in D Williams. No way in the world with a diminished running game that we should invest heavily again in another running back. Hope Stewart looks all world in the remaining games, because I think we should trade him before next draft. He is better than Richardson and I think we could get Clevelands second first rounder, somewhere in the early twenties.

Or at a minimum, get their second rounder.

We have a long way to go to be able to compete, and unless we are content to sell Smith, Newton and Stewart jerseys, we need to make some smart football moves, ala the Steelers.

Archived