• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guys...we are not making the playoffs

TheRealDeal

The problem arises when you claim all these faults from tape of Cam. I did not get the advantage of tape, I had to watch the games. So I had to use my own senses to make my judgements.

What I saw was a QB that had the innate ability to get what he wanted done done. He was at or near the top in all statistical categories. But that was not enough for you, or many talking heads.

What I saw was a leader that got his teammates to follow him into battle. You and many others refused to see that.

What I saw was a QB with the ability to throw, and complete any pass needed. You saw accuracy problems?

I saw a QB that could extent plays in order for receivers to run deeper routes. And maybe take off occasionally. You saw a QB that ran at any sign of trouble.

I saw a QB that picked up his second offense in two years. You claimed he could not pick up an NFL offense.

I saw an athletic QB that could do anything needed, and do it well enough to win Championships. You missed out on that with your nitpicking.

I saw a QB that could take a team where ever it wanted to go. You saw a QB that was flawed and would fail at the next level. Which is why, after 12 games, you are now in the Cam corner. Because you found out you were wrong, and that Cam COULD do all the things needed to succeed.

Your biggest fault was his mechanics. Not many QBs are mechanically sound. Everyone has their own style. As long as it gets done, why should it matter?

Welcome aboard the Wagon, plenty of room. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it doesn't matter. We were never going to make the playoffs and we weren't trying to make the playoffs. This season was about building for the future and it's working. This is an extended preseason for this team in hopes to be ready to roll next year.

This team looks very promising but we do have many holes to fill. Our QB has two more years before we have to decide anything on him but all signs point to it being a good pick, as long as he doesn't regress like many do. Our receivers area a threat with Smitty, a promising Gettis returning, and any one of the other young guys stepping up. TE is one of the strongest parts of our offense and Olsen is young, Shockey is a leader, and Barnidge will be given a chance to prove he's worthy of being in the lineup when the time comes. Our backs are as talented as they come, despite their utilization in this offense. We have as many weapons as anyone else in the league.

Defense is another story. This draft should be defensive heavy with the exception of a possible stud WR or T. Our young DTs will have an offseason to get stronger and prove they weren't just quantity picks, but quality picks as well. We'll get our leader back in the middle. We need a #2 corner to develop and it would be nice to see improved safety play.

Despite this team looking for it's 5th win of the season and no real trademark, quality wins thus far, we are a threat to almost anyone out there and next year looks even better.

:patriot:

U're actually giving Cam two years to prove himself...Oh my, what happened to u today.

Anyway, Cam is the least of this team's problems. Smitty is getting up there in age and as much as many of u would like to believe he will last forever, u need to start thinking of bringing in someone who will form a bond with Cam.

But, the defense do need some serious work. U cannot make it to the Superbowl playing against teams who are defense heavy with a defense like urs.

trd first of all u take people words out of context.

then again you dont sound like a fan of the panthers. sounds like you are against newton. you always give dalton The Golden Calf of Bristol all the credit in the world and act like cam is just an average everday qb with a good d, when in reality its the opposite. there is a difference in being a hater and bringing up constructive criticism. l

like how you bring up that jstew should be mad about not getting carries at the 1 yard line........you just always finds a way to nit pick cam and turn his good things to bad. last i saw dj and js fell off this year, cam has been carrying the team, but they were supposed to carry him this season. the only reason the rushing stats look good is because cam rush yards added.

even i find fault in newton like he throws to high sometimes, and off his back foot. sometimes he does leap for no reason at the goaline and could get hurt. newton has not taken ADVANTAGE of some 4th qrts where he could have won and he flat out LOST the detroit game but, there has been some BAD playcalling and time management in the LATE quarters.

almost half of his int have been TIPPED and great plays by the d, not him just throwing directly to the opposing team. some of throwing tds were dropped(olsen),call backed(shockey) or just fail short of the 1 yard line.(steve smith about 3 times, olsen 1 time)lol

are u racist?

do u judge cam harder because he has more potential?

do you not like being wrong(ego)?

did u want to be star qb?

are u just a troll who has nothing better to do?

do u just feel like newton everyone likes newton so you'll just go the opposite? I MEAN TELL US TRD. lol..............

you and grg bring up the same topics over and over like you think we are mentally retards, but its just that we dont agree with your veiws...nothing personal!!!

personally i think u just like to stir up the pot, i mean no one can be that negative about the panthers ROOKIE QB FUTURE and be a fan......or be that stupid!!!!! fans from other teams give him more love then u do, its really pathetic dude..sorry!

few things:

1) there is only 1 person who thinks we have an average defense. that person is not TRD, considering he stresses fixing it in the OP I would think that is obvious.

2) I bet you 99% of the posters on this forum actually agree with everything TRD said in the OP. You may disagree with things he's said elsewhere, but by and large he is much more reasonable about Cam than many of you give him credit for.

3) Thinking that Dalton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, or whoever have had good games or a decent year does not mean that Cam has been bad.

last i saw dj and js fell off this year, cam has been carrying the team, but they were supposed to carry him this season. the only reason the rushing stats look good is because cam rush yards added.

Wait what?

Williams 119 carries 569 yards 4.8 avg

Stew 107 carries 522 yards 4.9 avg

Not getting as many carries doesn't enough falling off.

Here's the Real Deal;

New coaching staff....

New Rookie QB...

New Scheme..

No time to prepare=

Be happy with what we have, half our season has been what we would have been doing from April to Aug...

Big things are ahead for us. I am not so worried, as we will improve on defense.. Consider this, New England is where they are, and will most likely take home field throughout the playoffs...

They have one of the worst defenses in the leauge..

We continue to improve on offense, continue to get better in the redzone, and the defense wont matter.

Our QB has one hell of an arm, and has turned this franchise into a offensive threat.

Good things are to come.

Our three-headed monster has gained almost 1700 yds, with 4 games remaining. I would say that is extremely productive.

IMO, our offense is fine. For the time being. We do have some pieces that are going to need replacing. But, for the next few years we should be good to go on offense.

Although this may be a rebuilding year we have been fortunate to find a few diamonds in all that rough. Neblett, Keiser, and Bell, come to mind. Senn and Applewhite as well. If I could I would put Hogan on that list. IF Beason and Edwards can produce, we should be a much deeper team next year.

My biggest wish for our D would be a playmaker to help get some turnovers. That is the one area we are suspect. We are close, and getting closer. And it is only going to get more exciting as the wins start coming.

My giddy is giddy over our future. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived