• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we as good as we think we are?

TheRealDeal

I don't care about those 1 and 2 yard rushing TDs, which accounts for more than 25% of his scores. 19 TDs 16 TOs doesn't wow me. Take away the rushes and you have 13 TDs 14 Ints which really doesn't wow me. I do understand this is a process and he is ahead of schedule which is nice but I also take into consideration the offense, weapons, game situations etc. Overall, I'm excited about Cam but still a little cautious because he does need marked improvement as a passer to be a long term success.
Crossing the goal line is worth six, so it doesn't really matter how far the attempt is. The last few yards tend to be the toughest. He keeps the rushing TD's as production IMO. He averages over 5 YPC, so it's not like he isn't putting in longer attempts.

The turnovers are tough, and he's had more than I'd like to see, but they've come in bunches, so he can work on that. Three games account for 10 INT's. There are some lessons there. The GB game in particular (3), I think he got a little reckless and the veterans on their D exploited that. The Atlanta game (3) got away from him and he made a terrible decision/throw on the screen pass followed up by another in garbage time. Detroit was the killer with the 4 INT's, but cost the team only one score I think.

Some overthrown passes, maybe he's a little too hyped up at times. It happens. Other than that, he's thrown some spectacular passes this year. If he has "marked" improvement he's elite...no question.

"Are we as good as we think we are?"

I'll answer this with a question: How good do you think we think we are?

We're 4-8...solid offense + poor defense + what we cal ST = what we are and that's pretty much it for now. If we can beat Matt Ryan that should answer your question so let's take it one week at a time. There really isn't a collective conscious opinion on the team.

Oh, but alright, I'll give it a try...TRD is such a troll omg!!!!!! Matt Moore hahahahaha

Again the lameness in thread responses never ceases to amaze me

You really can't compare quarterbacks on different teams given they have different offenses, personnel, competition, etc. So trying to compare Moore to Newton and determine who is best really is a waste of time. You can't really even try and extrapolate who would be better if they were playing for Miami or Carolina.

They are both getting a chance to play and I hope they do well enough to keep playing and starting for their respective teams. I don't know why every discussion has to be a win- lose or who is better thread. Moore is a former Panther and unless we are playing Miami, I wish him all the luck in the world. I am glad he is doing well. But his playing has zero to do with the Panthers right now so honestly I don't much care about Miami right now.

Dear TRD, I now understand that you are a Matt Moore fan. So was I, but then the pressure of being the man around town and on the field caught up with him and much to my dismay he folded like an origami swan. Dont be fooled dude, if this team(MIA) becomes his he will fold again. these games mean nothing, they cannot make the playoffs and he is great with no pressure. So as it gets real he becomes bad Jake.

Sorry Guy, Moore is awful.

Dear TRD, I now understand that you are a Matt Moore fan. So was I, but then the pressure of being the man around town and on the field caught up with him and much to my dismay he folded like an origami swan. Dont be fooled dude, if this team(MIA) becomes his he will fold again. these games mean nothing, they cannot make the playoffs and he is great with no pressure. So as it gets real he becomes bad Jake.

They can make the playoffs and if having two half time leads in the first two games is folding under the pressure, I don't want to know your opinion of Cam Newton.

Only the Panthers can dictate the rest of this season because if u pay attention, those teams who were winning left and right are starting to regress. The teams with offense who are hanging tough and defense who knows how to make that final push are starting to make their team to the finishe line. Will the Panthers be one of those teams who will make the push to the finish line?

I have not checked ur schedule but u're playing a team next week that rattled the offense a bit the last time they played. I really doubt it will happen again this Sunday.

Defense shows up big time the next four games, strong possibility of pulling off a respectable season for how good the offense has been playing. Defense MIA, season may just end at 4-8.

They can make the playoffs and if having two half time leads in the first two games is folding under the pressure, I don't want to know your opinion of Cam Newton.

Yeah, it was Cam and the offense that gave opposing receivers, who haven't shown up all season, their first real good scoring game. What Panthers team are u watching?

Even the Sunday highlights seemed like "Groundhog Day" when watching the Panthers defense.

Archived