• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we as good as we think we are?

TheRealDeal

Blount.

We did a good job at stopping Blount but he is not that great a running back; his YPA is pretty average and he's pretty far down the list as far as total yards goes.

Our defense was overall MUCH stronger in this game but I think they're still a ways off from stopping a real offense.

We have yet to beat a team with it's starting QB in the lineup.

I think this team has a ton of potential but that is scary. Can we improve enough in one offseason to finally beat a team with a decent starting QB? Can we improve even more to make the playoff run which everyone is expecting?

These last 4 weeks are going to be very important to gauge truly how much potential we have as a team for next year.

actually....no the next 4 weeks are only going to tell us about our offense.

the reason we can't beat good teams is b/c of our defense...the last 4 games aren't going to answer any questions about next season in regards to the defense.

I wouldn't look it up if I were wrong too.

Not wrong. I watch him.

Look up Moore's redzone work in games against the Jets and Dallas.

I told you, weak competition is why they are winning. I mean, look at Cam's redzone numbers against weak competition the last 2 weeks. What does that show?

I think the Dolphins will be much better when they address long term QB in the draft this offseason and send Sparano packing. So no, I dont think the Dolphins are as good as their recent surge of wins suggests.

Beat me to it as I chose to ignore the thread until it had 2 pages worth of responses.

Regardless KT, HOF-worthy.

Frame it. Put it on a plaque. Have it signed by Jimmy Clausen. Have it delivered to TuRD in his mother's Cam Fat Head-covered basement. This is golden.

just like I've tried my best to support Cam despite what you want to believe.

Tried your best to support Cam??? How hard should that be? He has only accounted for 26 TDs and is on pace to break several rookie records and has already passed the QB rushing TD record for all players.

What does he have to do to not make it so hard for you to support him?

To answer the original question, no we are not that good. Our defense started the season average at best, and injuries caused it to be far below average. Special teams has been a problem all season. The offense has been good and the bright spot of the team, but to many turnovers have happened. Thats something that needs to be resolved in order for us to compete for a championship.

I think the Dolphins will be much better when they address long term QB in the draft this offseason and send Sparano packing. So no, I dont think the Dolphins are as good as their recent surge of wins suggests.

Dolphins can stick with Moore, once they've lost the first few games and the expectations are lowered and they are eliminated from playoff contention his performance will improve drastically.

That would be a mistake. Richardson should be the pick.

Reggie/Dtrain are fine. They need a threat opposite Marshall, Hartline just isn't the biz.

Tried your best to support Cam??? How hard should that be? He has only accounted for 26 TDs and is on pace to break several rookie records and has already passed the QB rushing TD record for all players.

What does he have to do to not make it so hard for you to support him?

I don't care about those 1 and 2 yard rushing TDs, which accounts for more than 25% of his scores. 19 TDs 16 TOs doesn't wow me. Take away the rushes and you have 13 TDs 14 Ints which really doesn't wow me. I do understand this is a process and he is ahead of schedule which is nice but I also take into consideration the offense, weapons, game situations etc. Overall, I'm excited about Cam but still a little cautious because he does need marked improvement as a passer to be a long term success.

Dolphins can stick with Moore, once they've lost the first few games and the expectations are lowered and they are eliminated from playoff contention his performance will improve drastically.

Dolphins technically aren't out of playoff contention, weren't in 2009 or 2007 either soooooooooooooooooooooo

Archived