• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's 1 Yard Touchdown Runs

TheRealDeal

Either that or we are just shifting our formation a bunch, but it looks to me that we are making the call at the line of scrimmage based on what Cam sees.

So you're saying you believe Cam is always calling his number because he doesn't trust his teammates to get in the endzone?

You know how many championships the Lakers would have won if Kobe wasn't playing for them? ZERO. How many could they win without the scrubs? All of them.

Agreed. Kobe is arguably the best player to ever play the game but sometimes it's best for those guys to let their role players play their role and only turn it on when they have to, like Matt Moore is doing in Miami.

Not true. Kobe rode on Shaq's shoulders to 3 of them. ;)

Shaq has always needed a dominant guard to even be relevant in the NBA. Without Kobe, no one knows who Shaq is.

Kobe is arguably the best player to ever play the game but sometimes it's best for those guys to let their role players play their role and only turn it on when they have to, like Matt Moore is doing in Miami.

Oh lord, TRD who doesn't even know what a frontcourt is going to try to talk basketball again with this homerish nonsense.

Well, he isn't a running back, but Smith made it clear in an interview a bit ago that when he doesn't get his, even when we're winning, he gets pissed off.

I do think Stew/DWill are different sorts of guys. DWill got paid so much he probably doesn't give a poo who scores the TDs, he just wants to be able to contribute and win games.

Stew likely doesn't care now but I bet his agent does, haha

You just compared Kobe Bryant to Matt Moore. Sorry, but you lost any credibility there.

And Newton will run it in from 1 yard out until he is no longer the best option for that. In fact, it has even been said that Cam might be the best short yardage QB in the NFL history. But let's not hurt our RBs feelings.

Shaq has always needed a dominant guard to even be relevant in the NBA. Without Kobe, no one knows who Shaq is.

Every best player on a team needs another decent player to be successful not just Shaq.

Kareem had Magic

Russell had Cousy

Jordan had Pippen

Hakeem had Drexler

Bird had McHale

But if you look at those names the name on the left>than the name on the right.

Same with Shaq. He had Kobe as a complimentary role player and won 3 NBA titles until Kobe got jealous and shot the Lakers out of the Pistons series and pissed everyone off and forcing Shaq to get out of LA and forcing Jackson into retirement until they paid him a king's ransom and allowed him to bone the owners daughter to get him back.

1 yrd runs are as important as 80 yard bombs and are as important as the next play that will help you set up the defense for another misdirection. Why is this a thread?

ANY play that scores positive yardage is good since the other team has to account for it. Well, yardage that matters anyways.

Kobe won with guys you wouldn't select for a pickup game at your local gym.

Shaq needed elite talent around him (Kobe, Wade) to be relevant. Don't get it twisted, they were always Kobe's team.

If you think Fisher, Gasol, Odem, and Bynum are guys that I wouldn't pick in a pick up game you are crazy. They may have the best top 5 in all of basketball. They only lose when Kobe tries to be like MJ and fails miserably.

If you think Fisher, Gasol, Odem, and Bynum are guys that I wouldn't pick in a pick up game you are crazy. They may have the best top 5 in all of basketball. They only lose when Kobe tries to be like MJ and fails miserably.

I'd pick up Lamar just because he's funny as hell but that's about it.

Holla at me when Michael gets charged with rape and then tries to rat out/blame Scottie Pippen for it.

Michael got his father murdered.

Archived