• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's 1 Yard Touchdown Runs

TheRealDeal

Everytime they ask Cam about personal achievements over team goals he always says team goals are more important. I am sure that Williams and Stewart are following in his example and would say the same thing. How many touchdowns you get it a personal thing. Whether you score or not is a team goal.

If I remember correctly after 2 of Newton's TDs yesterday he went over to the sidelines and Stewart was the first person to jump up and give him a shoulder bump as congratulations.

Anyone who wants to stir the pot about who is or isn't happy appears to be doing so based on their own agenda not based on player reactions or comments.

If there is one important thing we should be discussing, it is the feelings of the players. I mean, at the end of the day, these football players have feelings. And this is the most important aspect that decides whether this team will become a perennial winning team. Feelings...

This argument is like saying "Kobe Bryant shouldn't shoot the ball more than his teammates" Or "Michael Jordan shouldn't always have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. He just does it for the glory"

Why does Kobe shoot more. He gets the job done and he is the best player so coaches run their offense through him. Why does Jordan demand the ball on the last possession of a game? He believes in his own abilities and has the competitive desire to put it on his shoulders to win or lose.

I think the coaches want him to have the ball because he gets the job done. I think Cam demands the ball because of his competitive nature and confidence in his abilities more than just the glory.

If it is so easy for RBs to get these 1 yard TDs to get that easy yard how come no RB has as many TDs as Cam does??

This argument is like saying "Kobe Bryant shouldn't shoot the ball more than his teammates" Or "Michael Jordan shouldn't always have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. He just does it for the glory"

But what about Luke Walton? We can't have Kobe upsetting Luke Walton. Kobe should really think about Luke's feelings when he is deciding whether or not to shoot.

How do you feel if you are Stewart or Williams? Are you frustrated that he is taking away some of your Touchdowns? Does it play into your long term view of your future here? Are you happy to sacrifice your personal financial gain and accolades? Is winning all that matters?

0ejA7.gif

TRD- On one hand thinking selfishly I could see frustration being a RB and having the QB score touchdowns. It doesn't appear to be the case. I mean Stewart has more catches this year than previous years combined. He is still a great runner and it shows on the field. If anything he has improved his "reputation" around the league showing he can catch and block better than people gave him credit for. Deangelo just got paid as one of the best RB in the league.

From all the interviews it appears that all the players feel like the team is on the cusp of something special. Not just special enough to win games, but special in the "you can't stop us no matter what you do" kind of special. You hear the same thing from Shockey in his interviews. Olsen raves about whats happening and Gross echoes the sentiment. Im thinking as our offense develops more and our defense can somehow play middle of the league and up there will be more than enough touches and touchdowns for everyone. I haven't heard of any of the GB running backs complaining that Koon gets more touchdowns have you?

Archived