• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's 1 Yard Touchdown Runs

TheRealDeal

Starting QBs; QB When we played them

McCown; Gabbert

Grossman; Beck

P. Manning; Painter

Freeman; Johnson

Jacksonville was going to start Gabbert....only a matter of when. Beck and Grossman are interchangeable for the most part......so that doesn't really mean anything.

The NE Patriots as well as a host of "good" teams beat the Colts by less points......

Freeman has been horrific this year. Not like Aaron Rodgers went down....

So what do you do....not give credit to the teams that beat us since we lost so many defensive players? That would be silly.....just like your arguement of a rookie lead team w/ no D and ST shouldn't get much credit for beating teams.

This isn't about Cam. It's not his fault the coaches call his number, unless he changes like he did in the NC to try and call his own number to get the glory.

Cam is doing everything asked of him and doing it well. It's more about the state of our team going forward. What message is the staff and FO sending to the team? Will this message lead to superbowls in the near future?

the message is clear....they are building an offense around Newton. That is what they should be doing.

He has the potential to be one of the best in NFL.....not just on a team.

lol any way to rationalize that makes you feel better is okay with me, i just wanted to point out that fact.

FACT: Undisclosed people around the league are talking about every starting RB in the NFL except ours.

SUPERFACT: This is because Cam Newton is vulturing their touchdowns.

I mean GOD what JStew wouldn't give for a little of Beanie Wells' press!

I'm not talking about Redzone, just the 1 yard touchdowns. In the redzone, say outside the 5, Cam's talents should be utilized to the full extent and give the defense more things to worry about.

It's usually a reward for RBs to get those easy ones, but not on this team. I think it sends a little bit of a bad message to them and could come back to bite us with an aging Williams and a Stewart in his prime looking for a little more respect.

It isn't about rewarding anyone it is about getting it in the endzone. It also appears to me that we are calling plays at the line of scrimmage when we are on the 1 or 2 yard line. It seems we have 2 or 3 options and we make the call after seeing the defensive alignment.

Either that or we are just shifting our formation a bunch, but it looks to me that we are making the call at the line of scrimmage based on what Cam sees.

Archived