• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's 1 Yard Touchdown Runs

TheRealDeal

I'll make this simple.

Cam's offense. Not Williams' or Stewart's.

Agreed lol. Now how do you feel as a feature back that throws most of the time and when you get to the goal line, lets the QB run it in? Not great I'd imagine.

It is absolutely true that running backs have the shortest careers in the NFL on average because they take the biggest beatings, game in and game out.

I'm pretty sure D-Will and Stew don't mind sharing just a few more carries and extending their careers and their million dollar salaries possibly another year.

I'm sure they'd rather have 7 more carries and 7 more TDs but oh well. As long as everyone loves Cam and we get 4 wins a year (all against backup QBs), I'm sure Stew will be plenty happy when his contract is up.

I guess we'll see in the long run.

in the long run....Cam's game will change....and what he is asked to do.

but the 22 yr old kid? They are going to ask him to dominate while he is young enough to handle it.

Botton line is if you were going to give an opposing coach the choice of who they had to stop at the goalline....they would all prefer to try to stop Stewart or Williams right now.

Agreed lol. Now how do you feel as a feature back that throws most of the time and when you get to the goal line, lets the QB run it in? Not great I'd imagine.

I'm sure they'd rather have 7 more carries and 7 more TDs but oh well. As long as everyone loves Cam and we get 4 wins a year (all against backup QBs), I'm sure Stew will be plenty happy when his contract is up.

they aren't backups....Ponder and Gabbert are no different than games. Teams committed to playing and building their rookies.

but this post says it all.....just your standard TRD trolling. Considering Atl is playing on grass next week....and they simply suck on grass...it will be funny to hear your spin if they win next week.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

This isn't about Cam. It's not his fault the coaches call his number, unless he changes like he did in the NC to try and call his own number to get the glory.

Cam is doing everything asked of him and doing it well. It's more about the state of our team going forward. What message is the staff and FO sending to the team? Will this message lead to superbowls in the near future?

How do you feel if you are Stewart or Williams? Are you frustrated that he is taking away some of your Touchdowns? Does it play into your long term view of your future here? Are you happy to sacrifice your personal financial gain and accolades? Is winning all that matters?

They are all professionals and are the ones who must believe in and implement the OC's philosophy. If anything, Cam's touchdown spree this year makes all of them even more dangerous to the opposition, and this year is laying the groundwork for the coming seasons. Stewart has youth and a ton of ability, DeAngelo has accomplished a great deal individually and has time left in his career. No way they begrudge the opportunity to ride with this new coaching staff even if the roles change. There is a singular goal here....and I'm sure that is the theme the veterans and Cam are well aware of. Bellyaching about who gets to punch it in from one yard out doesn't accomplish anything towards that.

The message is that they want to score TD's when they get in the redzone. Stewart and Williams have had plenty of chances down there too, but it's harder for the defense to account for a QB with Newton's ability, so they have decided to take advantage of that. It's really simple.

Archived