• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guess who's given up the 2nd most QB pressures of any guard?

Fiz

Hangman has 20 and Wharton has 23. Ouch

This doesn't suprise me unfortunately. We've been getting very little push from the interior of our line. While the pass-blocking has improved, our run blocking appears inconsistent. Gross, Wharton and Hangartner are more suited to a zone-blocking scheme rather than the man-blocking scheme we currently use.

I thnk the entire offemsive line minus Kalil is due for an overhaul in the next

1-2 seasons. Otah is injury prone, the RG hasn't been solidified since 2007-8 and Gross/Wharton are starting to show their age. If the Panthers want Cam to have a long career, the need to begin taking a hard look at restocking the OL cupboard.

We already have their replacements in Bell and Ziemba! Just kidding. I mean they can do pretty good I guess. But don't forget Geoff Shwartz. He will be a pretty good starter. Also, don't forget the rookie that got injured before the season. I have heard good things about him.

Not making excuses but one reason that Wharton and Hangartner may both be high on the list could be a function of Cam holding the ball so long. I don't know that they are having a good year but if we were running a west coast quick hitter type of offense, they would have had fewer pressures for sure. The fact we run a deep vertical passing scheme ensures that we give up more sacks and pressures than many other teams. Even with Cam's speed and elusiveness.

Archived