• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

has anyone actually ever clicked on those elevation church banners

Fiz

And he sayeth unto the crowd "First poureth all your riches into a proper website, the remainder give to the poor."

thats what i hate about churchs that dive into massive sound systems and huge buildings and elaborate seating. none of that actually matters.

thats what i hate about churchs that dive into massive sound systems and huge buildings and elaborate seating. none of that actually matters.

I would argue that it does matter, in this day and age at least. You have to be able to reach people, in America, in the 21st century. Christianity's great advantage, through history, has been its ability to change and evolve without changing its tenets one bit. This is just another form of that.

hmmm...if only there was an annual membership fee that posters could pay that would eliminate the need to have advertising on the huddle!!!

wonder if I can get that in ontime for consideration for the best idea category on the annual huddle awards?

I would argue that it does matter, in this day and age at least. You have to be able to reach people, in America, in the 21st century. Christianity's great advantage, through history, has been its ability to change and evolve without changing its tenets one bit. This is just another form of that.

where I go to church im always at odds with leadership over this. its a balance on doing stuff thats relatable and not letting that get in the way of the message.

i get to speak about 4 or 5 times a year to close to 700 people and because im not paid staff i can get pretty free on what i say(they can't fire me). i throw in tons of modern day references and have fun and I get some amazing responses which shows people do want some kind of fresh and interesting take.

i get to speak about 4 or 5 times a year to close to 700 people and because im not paid staff i can get pretty free on what i say(they can't fire me). i throw in tons of modern day references and have fun and I get some amazing responses which shows people do want some kind of fresh and interesting take.

You are an increasingly odd individual.

where I go to church im always at odds with leadership over this. its a balance on doing stuff thats relatable and not letting that get in the way of the message.

It's really a shift in methodology I think. For too long many churches have been of the mind, okay, we're here, so you need to come to US...and then maybe we'll let you in if you don't have long hair and are a Republican. I think a it's a reaction, espeically over the past ten years, and pastors and congregations are realizing that the idea is to meet people where they're AT, and then guide them to where they need to be. And, quite frankly, in America, the best way to do that is by loud, concert-like music and flatscreen TVs and well-made websites. Would that matter as much in, say, Kenya, where my church does missions? No. But it does matter here. No one is going to take Elevation seriously if they have a Web 1.0 angelfire hosted website. They certainly aren't going to take an interest in it.

Archived