• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Ben thinks Cam is NOT ROY

TheRealDeal

Doesn't Dalton have better numbers than Cam does(QB rating & TD/INT ratio), other than yardage?

Nah. Cam has him beat in almost every important stat. The QB rating battle between them fluctuates from week to week as does the completion %. Cam has more TD's, more yards, more YPA, better completion %. Dalton has less sacks, less turnovers, better QB rating(81.1 vs 81.8), and obviously more wins.

The one thing I'll give Dalton credit for is less turnovers. Cam's gotta stop turning the ball over but it's just the offense he's in. If Cam were thrown into Cincinnati's offense I would put money on his stats being similar to Dalton's right now. Cam's asked to carry the team and Dalton is asked to manage(although the dude can throw the ball when they let him, him & Green are comparable to Cam & Smitty and I'm srs when I say that). If Dalton were in this offense he'd be successful but his turnovers would probably be higher.

I honestly have no issues with people thinking Dalton could win ROY. The guy is a good quarterback, and considering I have NFL Redzone playing all day Sunday I have seen a lot of Dalton and the dude is legit. Out of all the young quarterbacks(< 25) in the NFL I have a feeling these two guys will be the ones dominating the NFL over the next decade.

If he wins, I don't care. Sam Bradford won last year and look where that's got him & the Rams. The only thing I care about is the Panthers making the playoffs next year and Cam winning ROY has virtually zero impact on it.

IDK. On First Take this morning Jay Crawford was hyping the segment between Dalton and Newton and said "...Dalton in Cincinnati and Newton in...in ...uh...uummm....Newton in Carolina." Without hype nobody knows about Carolina even with Cam Newton, unless he is putting up 400 yards.

As already said, Jay Crawford is a parrot idiot. He literally says nothing and let's Skip Bayless/whoever else is on First Take carry the show.

I've heard him talk about some lesser teams(like the Panthers) and it seems like he has never watched a down of our team and just looks at NFL.com's stat sheet and spouts off idiotic bullshit.

IDK. On First Take this morning Jay Crawford was hyping the segment between Dalton and Newton and said "...Dalton in Cincinnati and Newton in...in ...uh...uummm....Newton in Carolina." Without hype nobody knows about Carolina even with Cam Newton, unless he is putting up 400 yards.

I don't think it has anything to do with the 400 yrds as much as this team really hasn't done much outside of their QB putting up good stats.

I think Ben plays in the AFC

I think the Bengals play in the Steelers division

I think he is talking up his opponent

I think he would prefer the Bengals get as much credit as possible......b/c it makes a W or L better to them.

Nothing more than that.....Big Ben has had no reason to watch a second of Cam Newton thus far and probably hasn't.

You made it about his opinion of Cam, he actually never mentions Cam. You know the point of this thread was to troll, you inserted Cam into a discussion that he wasn't otherwise in.

So are you saying Cam isn't in the ROY discussion?

Big Ben talking about Dalton...Please post in the correct forum.

My apologies Panthro.

Archived