• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Ben thinks Cam is NOT ROY

TheRealDeal

I don't have a problem with Dalton having a case for OROY, he's having a good year. What I do have a problem with is TRD trying to pass this off as Big Ben's opinion on Cam so that it legitimizes his troll thread. In the end that's all this thread is, a troll attempt by Mr. TRD. He interjected Cam into a quote that he wasn't in, in order to stir up the huddle to defend an imaginary slight on Cam.

Cincinatti Bengals Defense:

5th - Total D

5th - Pass D

11th - Rush D

Cincinatti Bengals Offense:

18th - Total

17th - Passing

20th - Rushing

There is no way Dalton is doing more for that team than Cam is doing for us. We have a top 5 ranked offense that he is leading and Dalton is playing behind one of the best Ds in the league. He's a game manager that throws the ball up to Gresham and AJ Green and lets his defense hold the lead for him.

You have to look at context first of all. it is always the case that a quarterback when talking about an opponent will blow smoke up their butt to avoid bulletin board material. So the fact that Ben says this the week Pittsburgh is playing Cincinnatti is very expected. Secondly in Albert's writeup it is interesting that in talking about numbers, he conveniently forgot to mention the rushing touchdowns and yards Newton has gotten. If you include them, Newton far outranks Dalton in most stats and if the rushing and TDs were included in the quarterback ratings, Newton's would be much higher than Dalton.

Will all that said, Dalton is having a very good year and deserves the praise he is getting. Lets see how he does this half of the season when he is playing the caliber of teams that Newton has faced all year. If he performs well then all the positives are likely deserved.

Given that many people including the OP said that Newton would take 2 or 3 years to learn the offense and was a waste of a pick, frankly I am pretty pleased that he is being included in the conversation for OROY at all. In the end though, it is a personal award that I doubt means much to Newton given he would take a few more wins over awards any day. And honestly whether he wins it or not, we have found our franchise QB which is something I have been wanting for a long time..

Dalton is putting up a nice rookie season that he deserves props for, but he has no shot at winning OROY. If Cam doesnt get it, DeMarco Murray will. The Cam-Dalton debate reminds me of the ROY chase in the NBA in 2004. LeBron puts up a 20, 5, & 5 (that only two other rookies had done before) season but Cavs arent a playoff team. Melo puts up slightly less numbers but his more talented Nuggs make the playoffs. Guess who got ROY? Funny thing is, that year some folks tried to use Melo's teams success to say he was and would become a better player, like some are doing with Dalton. Its ironic.

the only reason the talking heads give serious consideration to dalton is because "WHO'S GONNA WIN ROTY?!?!?!?!?!?!" is cool segment to do on hourly shows. they give dalton lip service so the average, unsuspecting, uneducated public will think it's actually a contest.

i guarantee you no one espn or nfln thinks dalton should win it.

Archived