• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Standings and Positional Needs

KBRed

I guess I was right about beating the Texans.. but wrong about splitting with the Bucs.. I don't think there is any chance we lose to the Bucs.

My new projection is we end up with pick #9. The worst we will draft is pick #12. And the best (lose out), is pick #7. So the range is #7-12, but when you take other teams' schedules for the last 2 games.. it strongly appears to me that we will be picking after Washington and Buffalo at #9.

Claiborne and Kalil are not options for us. I am starting to think, Kirkpatrick/Zach Brown/Devon Still/Quinton Coples will be on the table.

I could live with the 7-12 pick, everything I've heard about Kirkpatrick has been eh. I have heard a lot of good things Janoris Jenkins too. We'll see how things go.

As of now I think our pick will be Brown or Reiff. I'm hoping its Reiff in the 1st and Burfict falls to us in the 2nd. Burfict is a beast but he makes a lot of mental mistakes that result in penalties so I could see him falling. I think RR would do wonders for him and he can play at SLB and even OLB in a 3-4 (good pass rush)and be solid depth at MLB. Either him or Poe at DT in the 2nd.

I don't think Anderson would be a OLB in a 3-4.. I don't think his pass rushing skills are good enough, and I am not sure about him holding the point of attack against DEs. Not that he can't, because he is very strong for a LB, but I just haven't seen him do it. I think Anderson would be better suited as a MLB.

Doesn't he lead our LBers in sacks with like 2 or 3? And he doesn't rush very often. He's nowhere near an elite Demarcus Ware type pass rusher OLB, but not every 3-4 has two of them. Honestly, I'm not familiar enough with the intricacies of the 3-4 to say for certain whether I think Anderson would make a good OLB in that scheme but he can get to the QB and I think we'd probably be better with Upshaw/Beason/Conner/Anderson than Upshaw/Beason/Anderson/??? I think Senn would be less effective as a 3-4 OLB than Anderson. Keiser or Applewhite might be stopgaps for us at the spot, but I think I like having Conner in the middle more than having Keiser or Applewhite on the outside. Giving Conner less ground to cover as a 3-4 MLB would hide the weaknesses he's shown this year. If TD were able to come back at or near full strength he would probably be worth a look at 3-4 OLB, as quick as he is, but I'm not banking on it.

All in all, I think it's pointless to speculate since I don't think we're gonna switch but if we do I think our LB corps is better situated for the switch than our DL.

if CB Xaiver Rhodes or DT Fletcher Cox enters i wouldnt mind either of those in the 2nd round.

In the 2nd hell yes. I love the kid. I'd rather get Poe in the 2nd if hes available then Cox.

I am becoming more convinced Iowa's Riley Reiff is going to be our pick if he is available. I know T isn't a huge need but he looks like a elite LT and is exceptional in pass blocking and Gross isn't exactly a spring chicken (he'll be 32 by the start of next season). He probably has 3 or 4 more years of solid play and I think that can be extended if we switch him over to RT after this year (give Reiff exp at RT for a year). To me unless Claiborne magically falls to us he is the only guy I would have Value in.

I also like Iowa's WR McNutt in the 4th or 5th.

The Colts still in the lead with a strength of schedule of 0.552, while St. Louis is at 0.571.

Colts play Jags (4-11), Rams play 49ers (12-3)...could get interesting next week.

How much would it suck for the Colts to win, get the #2 pick and Peyton have another setback. They'd have to decide on Landry Jones, RG III, or Matt Kalil. Though Kalil would be a solid prize himself to go along with Anthony Costanzo on the Indy O-line.

1st round. Quinton coples or Zach brown

2nd round. Chase minnifield or stephon gilmore

4th round. Derek Wolfe or Brian quick

5th-7th bpa

If Chase Minnifield fell to us at the 2nd round, that would be a helluva steal. Doubt it happens though.

Archived