• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Standings and Positional Needs

KBRed

Think we currently pick behind Jacksonville in 5th, but by years end, if Jacksonville beats Indy, then 4th could be the spot.

I also think the Rams could win their last game of season if SF pull all starters as they will have bye sewn up and with second best record.

So 3-5 is about right.

No, I think we split with the Bucs and beat the Texans.. TJ Yates can't beat us, I don't think. If we only win 1 more game, we should pick #4, but I think we win 2 more and pick somewhere between #5-9 depending on how the tie breakers work out.. I can try to look it up.

God I hope we still get a top 10 pick. We need a corner bad and how it's looking now, we should beat the Bucs and probably beat the Saints too if they rest there starters. I honestly would rather lose to both, so we could at least get a 5-7 pick.

God I hope we still get a top 10 pick. We need a corner bad and how it's looking now, we should beat the Bucs and probably beat the Saints too if they rest there starters. I honestly would rather lose to both, so we could at least get a 5-7 pick.

I wouldn't . I want us to win out. i hate watching losing games and there will still be decent value where we pick.

I guess I was right about beating the Texans.. but wrong about splitting with the Bucs.. I don't think there is any chance we lose to the Bucs.

My new projection is we end up with pick #9. The worst we will draft is pick #12. And the best (lose out), is pick #7. So the range is #7-12, but when you take other teams' schedules for the last 2 games.. it strongly appears to me that we will be picking after Washington and Buffalo at #9.

Claiborne and Kalil are not options for us. I am starting to think, Kirkpatrick/Zach Brown/Devon Still/Quinton Coples will be on the table.

The #1 LB, #1 DT, or #2 CB isn't so bad, I guess. I still think DT there would be a reach, but it depends on how things play out with players.

Also, I was having trouble figuring out who Tampa might draft in their current position. Since, they have a franchise QB, I wonder if they might try to trade down. I'm sure the Jags would snag Claiborne if Blackmon was gone.

The #1 LB, #1 DT, or #2 CB isn't so bad, I guess. I still think DT there would be a reach, but it depends on how things play out with players.

Also, I was having trouble figuring out who Tampa might draft in their current position. Since, they have a franchise QB, I wonder if they might try to trade down. I'm sure the Jags would snag Claiborne if Blackmon was gone.

Tampa might take Kirkpatrick if Claiborne is off the table..

Check this out: http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

The order is all wrong but they have Jax taking Claiborne and Tampa taking Kirkpatrick. Panthers taking Coples.. the only way that happens is if Hurney thinks Coples can play 3-4 DE.

Devon Still is also Injury Prone.

Broke left ankle his freshman year.

Tore ACL and MCL in his left knee his sophomore year.

I think Still is a great player, but I will pass on injury prone players every time.

I hope we take Kirkpatrick and Still off our draft boards.

If we are planning on switching to a 3-4 defense, we could be looking at Courtney Upshaw.

Am I the only one that has a bad feeling about Dre Kirkpatrick?

Me too, I mentioned it in another thread. Lout already mentioned (in that thread) he's very injury prone. I also think he'll pull a Malcolm Jenkins and end up switching to S. Could be a very good S though, dunno if I'd wanna spend a top 12 pick on one though unless it was a guaranteed prospect like Eric Berry was.

If we are planning on switching to a 3-4 defense, we could be looking at Courtney Upshaw.

I think the plan to switch to a 3-4 defense is a red herring, or at least an exaggeration. IF it is in the cards, Upshaw would definitely be a good pick. Upshaw/Conner/Beason/Anderson would be a good 3-4 LB corps. There's a couple other guys that would be possibly good in that situation too. That guy from Georgia, Jarvis Jones I think, is supposed to be a good prospect at 3-4 LB. Zach Brown is fast as hell and is a good pass rusher, but might be too small for 3-4 LB. Ditto with Reddick.

If that were to happen, we'd probably need to trade back into the late first to take Poe or Ta'amu (ugh) for a NT. Overall, I'm not a fan of the idea of switching to 3-4. At least not now.

I think the plan to switch to a 3-4 defense is a red herring, or at least an exaggeration. IF it is in the cards, Upshaw would definitely be a good pick. Upshaw/Conner/Beason/Anderson would be a good 3-4 LB corps. There's a couple other guys that would be possibly good in that situation too. That guy from Georgia, Jarvis Jones I think, is supposed to be a good prospect at 3-4 LB. Zach Brown is fast as hell and is a good pass rusher, but might be too small for 3-4 LB. Ditto with Reddick.

If that were to happen, we'd probably need to trade back into the late first to take Poe or Ta'amu (ugh) for a NT. Overall, I'm not a fan of the idea of switching to 3-4. At least not now.

I don't think Anderson would be a OLB in a 3-4.. I don't think his pass rushing skills are good enough, and I am not sure about him holding the point of attack against DEs. Not that he can't, because he is very strong for a LB, but I just haven't seen him do it. I think Anderson would be better suited as a MLB.

Archived