• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barely escaping the worst team in the league...

TheRealDeal

I was listening to NFl Sirius this afternoon and Tim Ryan (he did our game on Sunday) was talking about the Panthers and his perspective after talking to the team and then watching them. His perspective was that the offense right now is 2 years ahead of the defense in terms of their ability and development. He pointed out that the talent on the offense was much better and he mentioned that with the exception of Newton, more of the offensive players were veterans with more experience than the defense. He mentioned for example that Kalil is the best center in the league and he has seen them all.

He didn't believe the defensive scheme was the issue simply that they were very young and inexperienced. He pointed out that a few players on the defense were pretty good,Gamble, Johnson, Hardy and Anderson but there were too few of them with talent with key guys on IR. He did mention that he talked with Rivera who said that both Davis's and Beason's rehab were ahead of schedule. Ryan mentioned that it would be crazy though to put too many eggs into the Davis basket at this point. He said the offense can play with anybody right now and felt that the majority of the attention in the offseason needs to be about fixing and progressing the defense. He said if that were done we would be a contender in the league.

Pretty much the same thing many of us have been saying as well.

exactly. end thread.

(and all the other retard threads that will continue to be posted)

Why would it change? Why would scoring ever stop being the most important measurement in any fuging sport that includes scoring points? EVER! Why would the stat that most directly and accurately correlates to the ultimate point of the game, winning, ever stop being the most important? It always has been, it still is, and always will be. It's the same for all fuging sports that involve scoring the most points in order to win the game.

Even fuging soccer which is actually a heavily dependent defensive sport. Even MMA where defensive counter-attacking techniques are king.

It's still the measurement of who's best in their ability to score points. Not their ability to prevent others from scoring, but their ability to actually score. That's who wins.

That's a rule of nature. Not just sports btw. And not just football. It applies to me kicking your ass in statistics because I'm more efficient find the right information and don't waste my time with retarded meaningless stats, to a country taking down another country to the reason why there's no missile shield but we continue to attack other countries before they can attack us.

Offense is what makes a good defense. Being efficient in whatever the hell it is you are doing makes you the best at it. This goes for cars, work, math, sports, military, whatever.

Why some people continuously argue against football fuging common sense, I have no idea. You either have to be ignorant, biased, or completely out of touch with reality or football.

PS: fug sailed. The ship still hasn't docked for you and a lot of others. It's still on planet X somewhere. You live in Start Trek land.

So you seem to be on the fence in regards to the usefulness of YPP?

He didn't believe the defensive scheme was the issue simply that they were very young and inexperienced. He pointed out that a few players on the defense were pretty good,Gamble, Johnson, Hardy and Anderson but there were too few of them with talent with key guys on IR. He did mention that he talked with Rivera who said that both Davis's and Beason's rehab were ahead of schedule. Ryan mentioned that it would be crazy though to put too many eggs into the Davis basket at this point. He said the offense can play with anybody right now and felt that the majority of the attention in the offseason needs to be about fixing and progressing the defense. He said if that were done we would be a contender in the league.

Is is really where the heart of the losses are coming from. The offense is playing great, and when they have an off day there is no defense to pick up slack. Compounded with a bunch of other miscues, like stupid penalties (Captain had a horrible PI penalty against the Colts. Just a bad play), lack of defensive turnovers, a rookie QB who will create some turnovers, lack-luster ST play, key injuries to important positions, etc. etc. etc....The reality is that wins aren't going to come easy, especially against teams that are much more progressed and experienced.

Honestly I am just watching Panther games to see the progression of Cam and the offense, and hope to see some sort of glimmer on defense. I want them to win, most definitely. But it is easy to see how they are losing, and understand the position that the team is in.

I think fans need to take the same approach the team is taking at this point. One game at a time is really better than deciding if we can beat Houston in three weeks. If we do a good job against Tampa then we can look forward to Atlanta at home. If we play improved there we could be on a positive roll and everyone knows how important momentum is to chemistry. On the other hand we could stink it up the next 2 weeks, take a huge step backwards and end up pretty pathetic by the time we play Houston. With so many young guys on defense we have to see what they are made of at this point. I suspect the next 5 weeks will go a long way to telling us that. I have few concerns about the offense but plenty about the defense.

Archived