• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barely escaping the worst team in the league...

TheRealDeal

So we had a 36/23 minute advantage in time of possession in the Colts game and it's Cam's fault that our defense is "worn down" and giving up points?

Our defense must have been pretty worn out in the 2nd quarter when Donald Brown ran 17 yards untouched for a TD, which was setup by Cap giving up 42 yards on a PI call.

Yeah, it is the offenses fault both Colt TD drives started at the Colts 20 as they went through them like a wet paperbag. Same logic as to why it is Cam's fault the ST have allowed more returns for TDs than any team in the NFL.......

They have an efficient offense and have benefit from one of the best schedules in the league. Look it up. They played the most inefficient offenses in the league.

That will have a drastic effect year to year.

They played Indianapolis, Miami, Jacksonville(twice), Pittsburg, Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

They played two average offenses, Oakland and Titans, and they split the wins and losses.

They played two very efficient offenses, New Orleans and Baltimore, and they got schooled both times. They lost both their games against efficient offenses. Once by 29-14 and once by 40-33.

Schedule has a drastic affect on a team's win-loss record, offensive efficiency, defensive points allowed and every other stat.

Hou has played crappy teams which has allowed them to statistically look great on D.....

But the fact remains how good the offense was with Schuab under center now goes out the window. A Yates lead offense isn't the same offense. Yates also will impact the D.

Hidden

We have the 31st scoring defense in the league and the only reason we aren't dead last in every category is because we have such a good offense(top 10)

We actually hold onto the ball for a bit, it just doesn't take teams long to score on us, especially in the second half.

most of that comes in the 2nd half.. I'm still trying to locate 1st half -vs- 2nd half defensive stats, but my eyes and everyones eyes should point out our 1st half defensive play is very solid for the most part..

I guess McDermott disagrees as well since he gave the defense a pep talk on Saturday night and told them they need to start playing up to the level of our offense and carrying their weight.

I don't think a coach stands in front of a room full of his players and yells at them about stepping up if he thinks the offense is setting his defense up for failure.

most of that comes in the 2nd half.. I'm still trying to locate 1st half -vs- 2nd half defensive stats, but my eyes and everyones eyes should point out our 1st half defensive play is very solid for the most part..

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stats/ has by quarter, by half of some stats, but not all. have at it.

defense is pretty awful in both 1st half and 2nd half but is considerably worse in the 2nd, at least relative to the rest of the league.

Well yea that seems to be the case but what is the reason? Depth? Coaching?

I also don't get why people keep dragging on a conversation with a guy who is just trying to get a rise out of people.

Offense I also believe has had the lead at half in the majority of games.....and gotten a lead in the 4th in most games.

while the stats spewed about in the fox games are actually not always correct, they said at one point we lost 8 2nd half (or was it 4th quarter? can't recall) leads

edit: decided to look real quick

Arizona: 4th quarter lead lost

Green Bay: 3rd quarter lead lost (admittedly on the first drive of the 3rd :P)

NO: 4th quarter lead lost

Atl: 4th quarter lead lost

Min: 3rd quarter lead lost (4th quarter tie lost)

Det: 4th quarter lead lost (and tie)

I think maybe they meant we lead at some point in 8 games. We may have, in the first quarter, didn't check.

Archived