• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barely escaping the worst team in the league...

TheRealDeal

it's one thing to say we have a chance to beat Tampa, it's another to think we're going to beat Houston... Even with TJ Yates, Foster is going to ravage our defense and I suspect we're going to have some issues moving the ball consistently on their defense.

I do think we'll make a game of it, but man, any QB can pass on us... Painter nearly stole that damn game from us cause our defense blows so hard.

No different than the Bears matchup.....Forte tore us a new one. Just having a stud RB and playing D isn't really enough....Bears had to get some HUGE special teams play and a D score to go with it.

Outside of Tenn.....Carolina has been able to move the ball.

Carolina will have a shot. Watch the Texans and how Yates completely changes things leading up to our game.

I guess you didn't watch the the Texans play on Sunday.

I am not caulking it up as a win....just saying it got a lot more winnable. Houston now is no longer the same team.

The box score is hideous....just terrible.....2/15 third down conversions and only 215 total yards. Foster had 22 attempts for 65 yards, but had one run for 42 yards. They punted 10 times.

Panthers Defensive Ranks on NFL.com

PTS 27.7 (31st)

YDS 370.1(26th)

PASS YDS 232.6(15th)

RUSH YDS 137.5(28th)

Jaguars Defensive Ranks on NFL.com

PTS 18.2(5th)

YDS 292.5(4th)

PASS YDS 183.4(4th)

RUSH YDS 109.1(14th)

Gabbert is horrible and they were still in it.

Carolina moved the ball well against the 9, 10, 11 ranked D units. They also beat the 4 ranked D but the rain game doesn't tell you much

No different than the Bears matchup.....Forte tore us a new one. Just having a stud RB and playing D isn't really enough....Bears had to get some HUGE special teams play and a D score to go with it.

Outside of Tenn.....Carolina has been able to move the ball.

Carolina will have a shot. Watch the Texans and how Yates completely changes things leading up to our game.

we'll have a shot, just like we had a shot in every game we played, doesn't mean I'm optimistic about it happening.

The Texans were also playing a good defense... so I'm not surprised they didn't put up their typical numbers...

Gabbert is horrible and they were still in it.

Carolina moved the ball well against the 9, 10, 11 ranked D units. They also beat the 4 ranked D but the rain game doesn't tell you much

Its not OUR offense I'm worried about.

I was showing you that a legit defense can slow them down, we are no such defense.

We have the 31st scoring defense in the league and the only reason we aren't dead last in every category is because we have such a good offense(top 10)

We actually hold onto the ball for a bit, it just doesn't take teams long to score on us, especially in the second half.

Sure does build some confidence

Keep it real Panther fans

I agree with him. If anything it should let you guys know they we aren't good at all and we almost lost to the worst team in the league. The Colts was a TD and a 2pt Conv away from stealing the game. This game should of been a blow out for us, we should of put 40 up on them.

before this game we were dead last in the number of points allowed per drive - 2.55 points per drive, giving up .297 TDs per drive... it's just really, really bad. We're last in both categories. We'll probably move up to 31st with our excellent defensive showing against the high powered Colts offense, at least.

fwiw, jax is 1.47 points per drive, .165 TDs per drive. Houston is at 1.44 pts per drive and .147 TDs per drive. They're both in the top 10 in each category.

Also, don't let stats fool you.....Hou has gotten a lot of help having the #1 rated D.

here are the offenses they have played and where they rank...

1 - L

11 - L

17 - L

The D has benefited from a lot of crap offenses. The D isn't on a level we haven't seen this year

Its not OUR offense I'm worried about.

I was showing you that a legit defense can slow them down, we are no such defense.

Again, the Yates factor will come into play....

It will come down to out scoring them....not so much stopping them. Yates will slow them

before this game we were dead last in the number of points allowed per drive - 2.55 points per drive, giving up .297 TDs per drive... it's just really, really bad. We're last in both categories. We'll probably move up to 31st with our excellent defensive showing against the high powered Colts offense, at least.

fwiw, jax is 1.47 points per drive, .165 TDs per drive. Houston is at 1.44 pts per drive and .147 TDs per drive. They're both in the top 10 in each category.

All I am saying is Hou is now a drastically different team

I don't expect us to win any games against NFL caliber teams. The teams we've beaten were led by Blaine Gabbert (0 Starts, 0 TDs, 0 INTs), John Beck (4 starts in 2007, 0 TDs, 3 INTs), and Curtis Painter (7 Starts in 2011, 5 TDs, 7 INTs).

When we played each of these teams, their QBs had a combined 11 starts, for 5 TDs and 13 INTs coming into the game yet we're ready to run the table.

I call this progress..... in the past the Panthers would have lost and made those QB's look like all pro's :thumbsup:

Archived