• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barely escaping the worst team in the league...

TheRealDeal

We've been competitive a bunch but this is the NFL, it's not often you get blown out. Too much respect among coaches and players. Why do you think most NFL lines are single digits?

I'd hope we are competitive in every game, we should be, every team should be.

we should be, every team should be... but every team isn't every week, and that's the same with us.

We've lost 8 2nd half leads, so we've been very much in most games we play. The thing is, we're severely lacking depth and very young on defense, so lots of growing to do.

Still, I think that we can objectively think we have a chance on Sunday and even think we could win without being too much of homers.

On the other hand, there's nothing objective about thinking this team runs the table...

I don't expect us to win any games against NFL caliber teams. The teams we've beaten were led by Blaine Gabbert (0 Starts, 0 TDs, 0 INTs), John Beck (4 starts in 2007, 0 TDs, 3 INTs), and Curtis Painter (7 Starts in 2011, 5 TDs, 7 INTs).

When we played each of these teams, their QBs had a combined 11 starts, for 5 TDs and 13 INTs coming into the game yet we're ready to run the table.

There are very few games any team should expect to win......

We certainly could split with Tampa. Houston suddenly just became a running attack. Atlanta outside the dome is rarely impressive. Carolina could finish strong.

Bro

We've been competitive a bunch but this is the NFL, it's not often you get blown out. Too much respect among coaches and players. Why do you think most NFL lines are single digits?

I'd hope we are competitive in every game, we should be, every team should be.

As the Pats open as 21 point favorites against the Colts...

Houston has the #1 defense and the best RBs in the league. They could have Joe Paterno playing QB and they would be favorites.

Nah, QB factor changes things. Poor QB play will make both less effective. look at what Jimmy did to Double Trouble.....

They will both still remain solid but not what they have been unless Yates proves to be something different IMO.

never said they wouldn't be favorites.....but playing Hou now is different than catching them earlier. Sunday showed that....they beat a horrific bad team by a single score......and they haven't been in that close of a game in weeks and that was against a tough Pitt team

Nah, QB factor changes things. Poor QB play will make both less effective. look at what Jimmy did to Double Trouble.....

They will both still remain solid but not what they have been unless Yates proves to be something different IMO.

never said they wouldn't be favorites.....but playing Hou now is different than catching them earlier.

I could get on board with this until I realize that this team even when we had solid defenses makes no name QBs look like Joe Montana.

How quickly people forget...

It is just humorous to believe we will beat the 8-3 Texans given their run game/defense.

I could get on board with this until I realize that this team even when we had solid defenses makes no name QBs look like Joe Montana.

How quickly people forget...

It is just humorous to believe we will beat the 8-3 Texans given their run game/defense.

I guess you didn't watch the the Texans play on Sunday.

I am not caulking it up as a win....just saying it got a lot more winnable. Houston now is no longer the same team.

it's one thing to say we have a chance to beat Tampa, it's another to think we're going to beat Houston... Even with TJ Yates, Foster is going to ravage our defense and I suspect we're going to have some issues moving the ball consistently on their defense.

I do think we'll make a game of it, but man, any QB can pass on us... Painter nearly stole that damn game from us cause our defense blows so hard.

I guess you didn't watch the the Texans play on Sunday.

I am not caulking it up as a win....just saying it got a lot more winnable. Houston now is no longer the same team.

Panthers Defensive Ranks on NFL.com

PTS 27.7 (31st)

YDS 370.1(26th)

PASS YDS 232.6(15th)

RUSH YDS 137.5(28th)

Jaguars Defensive Ranks on NFL.com

PTS 18.2(5th)

YDS 292.5(4th)

PASS YDS 183.4(4th)

RUSH YDS 109.1(14th)

Archived