• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barely escaping the worst team in the league...

TheRealDeal

also tbh tampa is only one win ahead of us. they are not a good team. I don't think being optimistic about this game is unrealistic. They started out 4-2 and have lost 5 straight since. While I do expect us to have some trouble with their running game, I think our offense presents a good number of mismatches for them and we should be in for a fun game this weekend. Since they're at home, I give them a slight edge - but I think we'll stay in it. A lot of it will come down to how our defense can play in the 4th quarter... and that is why I think we will lose.

what do you think is going to happen, TRD?

before the indy game I thought we could steal at least one from tampa bay. they have an awful defense and a mistake-prone offense, moreso than even ours. we are similar teams in that regard, but our offense is overall more productive than theirs.

if they're smart, they will ram Blount down our throats and keep Cam off the field. However, I think we keep up with them and if our defense can get some decent stops we shouldn't have trouble outscoring them. Reality is though our defense will have trouble getting off the field, and Freeman has historically given us some trouble with his ability to convert 3rds. I kinda expect us to split with them.

Our games against TB can really go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to them this coming Sunday but win in later December.

I don't expect us to win any games against NFL caliber teams. The teams we've beaten were led by Blaine Gabbert (0 Starts, 0 TDs, 0 INTs), John Beck (4 starts in 2007, 0 TDs, 3 INTs), and Curtis Painter (7 Starts in 2011, 5 TDs, 7 INTs).

When we played each of these teams, their QBs had a combined 11 starts, for 5 TDs and 13 INTs coming into the game yet we're ready to run the table.

I don't think anyone (edit: many, since undoubtedly there are some nutjobs around here who think a win over the colts is the beginning of a Superbowl run) said we were going to run the table. I think a couple said they hoped we did, but I don't think anyone at this point expects us to run the table. If they do they're insane... it isn't going to happen. Cam doesn't have the ability to carry a defense this bad... which isn't a knock on him, since there really aren't many QBs that could.

Beating the Bucs this year is a far cry from running the table. Freeman has been awful this season so far. He has had good years in the past but this season he is really struggling.

I've always found it comical how confident everyone gets after a win and how down they get after a loss. The defense just isn't good enough to beat a team with a competent QB, so if they manage to upset the Saints or Falcons it'll be because those teams beat themselves. Realistically speaking I maybe see a 2-3 finish to the season, with a Tampa split and a win against Houston if they don't grab another starting-quality QB.

I don't expect us to win any games against NFL caliber teams. The teams we've beaten were led by Blaine Gabbert (0 Starts, 0 TDs, 0 INTs), John Beck (4 starts in 2007, 0 TDs, 3 INTs), and Curtis Painter (7 Starts in 2011, 5 TDs, 7 INTs).

When we played each of these teams, their QBs had a combined 11 starts, for 5 TDs and 13 INTs coming into the game yet we're ready to run the table.

While I think it's a unrealistic that we will win out, you're acting like those 3 games were the only ones we were competitive in and had a chance to win. For someone that likes to throw the word context out so frequently, you sure aren't using it here.

We've been competitive a bunch but this is the NFL, it's not often you get blown out. Too much respect among coaches and players. Why do you think most NFL lines are single digits?

I'd hope we are competitive in every game, we should be, every team should be.

Did you watch much of the 2010 Panthers season?

Archived