• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barely escaping the worst team in the league...

TheRealDeal

Sure does build some confidence

TB is up there with the Chargers on the biggest disappointment list. They're reeling big time, I say we go in and punch them square in the mouth, including that punk Blount.

Hit em with a heavy dose of our own bruiser - Stewart.

Hell.....let's win out!

If we stick to the run, pound them, score early, not settle for Field Goals, and make some stops on D.

I love our potential.

I hope we win every game left to finish the season. Be good to have that carry over to next season..

There defense is not as good as our offense.....either.

Bottom line is they are on a 5 game losing streak...they aren't actually a good team. We have taken good teams to the wire. We can beat Tampa.

Cam>Freeman.

We win.

Run it down their throat. We win, we stick Tampa at last place in the South. How nice would it be to finally get out of the cellar?

Both teams terrible run defenses aside, we need this to win:

1. A couple takeaways (which I think we can manage)

2. Keep our D off the field as much as possible with long sustained drives

3. No Cam INT's (We're 3-1 when he doesn't throw any pics)

I know it's usually not that simple, but we will win if those 3 things happen. Almost guaranteed.

all i look at is points. how many points can a team score. sure, blount might rush for 60 yards on any given drive, but if all they come away with is 3 points, then we can turn around and simply outscore them.

this won't be a defensive battle by any means.

tb's avg. pts scored = 18

car's avg. pts scored = 23 [remember the tsunami bowl, though]

both defenses allow an avg. ~ 27 points/game

i know, i know, every game affects the average. but the statistics tell us to pick the panthers, especially with tb trending down.

I see a big day for Cam and Smitty. Smith always shows up for divisional games. But I wouldn't mind if double trouble went off on them like they did a few years ago.

Keep it real Panther fans

what do you think is going to happen, TRD?

before the indy game I thought we could steal at least one from tampa bay. they have an awful defense and a mistake-prone offense, moreso than even ours. we are similar teams in that regard, but our offense is overall more productive than theirs.

if they're smart, they will ram Blount down our throats and keep Cam off the field. However, I think we keep up with them and if our defense can get some decent stops we shouldn't have trouble outscoring them. Reality is though our defense will have trouble getting off the field, and Freeman has historically given us some trouble with his ability to convert 3rds. I kinda expect us to split with them.

Our games against TB can really go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to them this coming Sunday but win in later December.

Archived